Warner a “believer in the Wii U,” console just “off to a slow start”

Tuesday, 18th June 2013 15:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment president Martin Tremblay has said the firm is still confident in Wii U, it’s just the console got off to a slow start.

Speaking with GI International during E3, Tremblay said the company is on every console’s team.

“Honestly, we hope everybody’s going to work out. It’s just good for the industry,” he said. “I think [Wii U] has been off to a slow start, but I think they’re going to fix the problem.

“I don’t think it’s a problem, but it’s more about the content. And I think they showed tons of new content [at E3] that will re-energize the platform.”

Tremblay said he is also pleased with PS4′s price point, calling it “spot-on,” and with Xbox One, he said he didn’t expect Warner to change its business model from what it is currently.

“You’ve got to listen to your consumers,” Tremblay said. “You’ve got to listen to people playing the game. That’s very important. I think I was a little bit surprised [over the Xbox One used games stance], to be honest. Now that we see that coming and we see what people want, just go with it. That’s the way I look at it.”

1. Animeboy413

Warner please get a clue! Nintendo is in trouble.

#1 1 year ago
  2. MCTJim

The Wii U is a niche console. Mostly younger kids play it and they cater to the younger crowds. I like the console, but its not my go to console.

#2 1 year ago
  3. jevonski

Wii U needs more games for people to buy it, Wii U needs more unit sales for 3rd party games… see the catch.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ps3fanboy

i believe in the wii-u too, people that say nintendo is in trouble or is a niche. are 12 year old hipsters that are not allowed a wii-u by their parents. so they are gonna hate on the wii-u all they can, just overlook these people. if your interested in the wii-u, then you should get one. it is a fantastic console with a lot of awesome games, so definitive worth a buy.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ali

It is to everybody’s interest that the WiiU survives. I sure as hell don’t want to see a once giant and gaming defining company, gone.That’s said, Nintendo needs to work harder, I mean why would Shadow of Eternals not be an exclusive for them ?

They really need to rearrange their cards and hit where they still can.

#5 1 year ago
  6. mistermogul

Wii U will be fine once Nintendo get their act together and release some first party games but I agree with Warner Bros – it’s definitely off to a slow start. In fact slow is an understatement!

There’s some good stuff in the pipeline though… Mario 3D, X, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, Wind Waker, Shin Magami Tensei vs Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Yoshi etc

Plus there’s Zelda U and all other franchises that’ll likely make their way to Wii U over time like Metroid, F-Zero, Animal Crossing etc.

At the end of the consoles life I’m sure we’ll look back at a decent game lineup.

#6 1 year ago
  7. laughing-gravy

I hope more publishers have this attitude. The industry is much better with Nintendo in it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Froseidon

@4 – I’m still unsure as to whether you’re elaborately trolling us or being genuine :P

@6 – Yeah, I bought my Wii U for that reason, much like my 3DS, it was a future investment. The 3DS has paid off, so I’m pretty sure the Wii U will.

@7 – Too true.