Fallout 4 shown behind-closed-doors at E3 – rumor

Tuesday, 18th June 2013 14:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Fallout 4 is the rumor du jour today, with Bubblenews reporting that Bethesda showed the game behind-closed-doors to select press at E3 last week. Follow through the break for more on this, along with your daily dose of salt.

Fallout: New Vegas - Vault Boy

According to the site, via Strategy Informer, a 37 second trailer was shown, and the game takes place primarily in Boston, along with Arlington Cambridge, Somerville, and the surrounding areas.

The game is supposedly slated for a reveal sometime before E3 2014, and won’t be released until around or before October 2015.

It is purportedly coming to PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox 360.

So, there you have it. Hopefully we didn’t shove too many grains of salt down your throat with it.

1. OnionPowder

2015 and launching on the PS3/360? I hope that is not true.

#1 1 year ago
  2. f1r3storm

Very reliable Source

#2 1 year ago
  3. pukem0n

why not, PS4 and XBOne install base wont be that big by then, so its only logical to release it for the older consoles too

#3 1 year ago
  4. Ali

Lol a 40 secs trailer with specific details of the location and area the game ales place on ? Coming on the 360/PS3 on 2015 ? LOL this sounds like a fanboys spread rumors.

#4 1 year ago
  5. MCTJim

Well some news…I hope they bring it out sooner, I’ve enjoyed the fallout games as its a game with tons of hours of gameplay, its not too short, not too long. The last incarnation was pretty well done.

#5 1 year ago
  6. TrickyAudio

All this salt needs one hell of a grinder.

#6 1 year ago
  7. OnionPowder

@3 Because building a game with the intent to make it work on consoles from 2005/2006 in 2015 is limiting your scope of what is possible. That is like releasing a 360 launch game that also comes out on the Nintendo 64 or the PSX.

#7 1 year ago
  8. KineticCalvaria

Why wouldn’t they just announce it? Smells like bullshit to me.

#8 1 year ago
  9. OnionPowder

@8 Todd Howard said during the Skyrim press blitz that they didn’t want to announce games they’re working on until they have a solidified release date. Plus doing press work on games significantly slows development down. The longer you work on it without having to create stupid trailers or gameplay demos to show off to the public the better.

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheBlackHole

Not bullshit btw. One of you MUST know someone working at Bethesda, surely… this has been development for a while now.

Not many ppl willing to break embargoes like this, but it happens. I’m amazed so much stays secret in such an incestuous industry.

#10 1 year ago
  11. wowtgp

OMG I can’t beileve it. First Dsogaming and now you guys too picked up this news.

First off, it’s Bubblews is a site where anybody can write anything and get paid for doing that. I have written hundreds of short articles like that in past without any sources.

Well, I am going to to contact this guy through his profile page for you guys. I will be back if he replies which he undoubtedly would.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Dave Cook

@10 We know nothing seriously. Bethesda’s sown up tighter than a nun’s under-garments. It’s hard to get hem to talk about anything or to get interviews at all for that matter – UNLESS – they actually want to talk about something.

Not sure what you mean by ‘incestuous’ but if it’s what I think you’re implying then that is also very wrong.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Yiazmat

@11 It’s clearly BS! Have you seen the rest of the crap on that profile!
    Sure, the Final Fantasy one seems fairly accurate (and it seemed to be published before the news was announced), but seriously… One article is called “I need a cuddle” WTF??

#13 1 year ago
  14. wowtgp

@13 Yiazmat

You can write about anything you like over there. That’s why I can’t believe somebody picked this news up. I contacted her BTW.

#14 1 year ago
  15. actuallyisnotafox

i just.. imagine something as open as the witcher 3 in a post apocalyptic world.. oh my

#15 1 year ago
  16. Innis

My body is ready.

#16 1 year ago
  17. TheBlackHole

Hard for a journo, not for a fellow developer.

Also, I mean incestuous in that it’s quite a small community, relatively speaking, and after a few years in the industry it’s hard to find someone that isn’t a direct contact or a friend of a friend.

I didn’t mean it in a sinister way :)

#17 1 year ago
  18. fihar

If this is somehow true, then good.
    The Boston setting implies that the Commonwealth and the Institute will finally be highlighted and I personally can’t wait for that.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Dave Cook

@17 I know you didn’t mean to be sinister :)

I know what you mean in that we all know each other yeah, but there’s a lot of cards being held closely to chests. There’s still a lot of rivalry at play and I’m sure you’re right – someone out there must know something.

#19 1 year ago
  20. fearmonkey

I hope its not true.

Bethesda said that the next game would be using the same engine as skyrim, and as that game was released at the end of 2011, I would think that 4 years is a rather long time. I would think it would release sometime next year, that is more typical of their past releases. When there is a big engine update, thats when it usually takes a longer time.

If they decided to skip the current generation consoles and only release on next gen, then its possible that they had to tweek the engine or improve it greatly, and that could have prolonged the time.

I would hate to wait that long, as that means a new Elder scrolls is an insane amount of time away yet.

#20 1 year ago
  21. penniman

Its a lie. Todd has already said that they are making their next game for next gen consoles in mind. Unless they are making a worse version for PS3 and Xbox 360.. Todd has also said that they are focusing on graphics for their next title.

#21 1 year ago
  22. YoungZer0

@21: That probably only means that they are planning to release it on current and next gen.

#22 1 year ago
  23. karma

Whua?! Someone say something about Fallout 4 in here?

Oh god don’t tease like that. Either it was shown or it wasn’t. Come on throw this fan a bone already.

And Oct 2015 is too far away. I mean I can wait, its Fallout.. I can wait until its done, but I need to know its being made. I wanna see what they got. Is it more FO3 or FNV?

Crosses fingers for FNV.

Sorry, I get way to excitable whenever Fallout is mentioned.

#23 1 year ago
  24. penniman

I just hope they have better writers.. I want a more complex game :(

#24 1 year ago
  25. Yiazmat

That same blog has a logo (posted today) which I haven’t seen before… Still fake, right?

#25 1 year ago