Wargaming accepting applications for World of Tanks Xbox 360 beta

Saturday, 15th June 2013 17:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

World of Tanks will be going into beta for Xbox 360, and Wargaming is accepting applications. An Xbox Live Gold account is required to participate in it. The game will be free-to-play with an XBL Gold memberships when it launches this summer, but Silver members will be able to try out a demo to see if it warrants a Gold membership for them. A video for the beta is below.

1. CyberMarco

Pay to play a Free 2 Play game…

2. Lengendaryboss

@CyberMarco
    The relentless sadness of it all.

3. eddy27

Sorry trolls you don’t pay to play it, people who have xbox live gold are getting more added to what they already pay for and it’s a very good game.

How do you feel about Sony charging a subscription to play games online on the PS4 ?. remember the old “there will always be a basic free psn” well that didn’t last long did it….

4. CyberMarco

I’m still wondering who opened the xbot-pandora box before E3 and now the Internet is flooded by them…

5. Lengendaryboss

Bitch please :) I’m no troll and you are incorrect F2P games (depending on the publishers) are free to play online on PS4.

6. eddy27

That’s not what I asked I said -

“How do you feel about Sony charging a subscription to play games online on the PS4 ?. remember the old “there will always be a basic free psn” well that didn’t last long did it”

———————————-
    Did you know “A LOT of people still don’t know there is going to be an online fee on the PS4 ? I hope you will get that message out to.

7. NightCrawler1970

Never is free, as a gold-member you pay to get “LIVE”… so.. wanna play Tank? it’s not free…. it’s intergraded with “LIVE” with luck no extra charges on top of that… wanna upgrade ya tank? gonna cost MS points or swipe ya CC… to get gold-coins..

8. Maximum Payne

Who cares if you need to pay for ps+. You will get GOOD free games.
    Oh the horror.

9. Lengendaryboss

Problem was you were being vague, but to answer your question i never complained about online multiplayer gaming being free or will i complain about it being behind a pay-wall: PS Plus. You will only need it for online gaming (Expect for certain F2P titles) wheras Internet, browsing the store, using netflix and messaging friends are rumoured to be free.

10. NightCrawler1970

Yup, PSN = Free, and nobody can force me to get PS+… because ones ya get hooked on PS+ it’s hard to get out…

11. dkpunk

@6 I wouldn’t try to use common sense. The SDF is strong here. Most of the time you’ll just get “PS4 IS AWESOME! XBONE SUX0RZ!”. Of course it’s ok to charge to play online now that sony does. Go figure.

12. DSB

Charging to play online is a crock no matter the brand, and Sony loves money just as much as Microsoft. Right now they’re just a lot more adept at getting to it.

Leveraging a spent back catalogue to promote your service is taking a page from the Valve playbook.

It’s obviously clever enough to make people forget about the fact that they shouldn’t be fronting Sonys infrastructure costs. Hopefully they’ll spend some of that money keeping their Apache up to date

13. eddy27

And they are just borrowing them from Sony and they will take them back when you stop paying a subscription. Xbox Live gold are GIVING you the games from 1 July (Fable 3 already) and if you no longer want gold you still KEEP the games they don’t get taken away.

“RUMORED TO BE FREE” is NOT the same as “ARE FREE” now is it .

14. MCTJim

I still signed up for it..its free for me cause I dont have to buy the game. I pay for Live and I have free PSN too..but this game is only on 360 so I signed up and hope I get chosen :D

15. eddy27