Three Assassin’s Creed titles in the works, says Ubisoft boss

Friday, 14th June 2013 16:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has three Assassin’s Creed games in development, all part of its annual release plan for the franchise.

Speaking with Kotaku at E3, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said the teams creating the games are given enough time to create the different iterations, which he said helps curb franchise fatigue.

“We are making sure the teams who are creating the different iterations have enough time—two years, three years, so that they can take risk and they can change the concept enough so that it can be appealing and fresh,” he said. ‘Our job is to make sure the teams have enough power, enough energy and enough time to take the necessary steps to create a high quality game.”

While Guillemot didn’t mention any game by name, or numeral for that matter, it’s presumed one of those is Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag which releases in the fall.

The other two we can assume are Assassin’s Creed 5 for 2014 and Assassin’s Creed 6 for 2015. Unless a separate handheld, mobile, online, or Brotherhood 2 title is in development.

Ubisoft’s multi-studio approach, is what makes all of this possible.

“Really, what we see is that we can have the capacity to regularly come with innovation,” Guillemot said. “That is, for me, the formula: if you can really change the game on a regular basis and bring in innovation your fans want a product very regularly. Our job is to make sure the teams have enough power, enough energy and enough time to take the necessary steps to create a high quality game.”

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is due on PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in late October and early November. PS4 and Xbox One versions are due alongside the consoles.

1. TrickyAudio

Christ alive

#1 1 year ago
  2. locus2k1

AC6 – Assassins Fatigued?

All jokes aside I’m sure there is still a market out there for the game, it’s just I personally am looking forward to watch dogs and the division now to the point I will stop playing AC now.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Max Payne

Well I think after they drop current gen consoles , we will get major refresh so that will be enough for people to buy it again :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. NeutralBlade

I figure the last two AC titles are 5, then an expansion title for 5; similar to what Black Flag is to AC 4. They will probably save AC 6 for 2016. One thing is for sure, is that there’s more AC on the way.

I haven’t played the series yet myself. I’ll probably skip over the first title, and start with AC2.

#4 1 year ago
  5. silkvg247

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dark

Not just AC , i think watch dogs will get milked every year.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Gheritt White

Oh hush. I’m absolutely fine with more s’Creed, so as as it returns to its runny-jumpy-climby-stabby roots.

And as we all know, what *I* want is all that really matters.

#7 1 year ago
  8. mickey2002

They should do bi-annually AC one year, Watch Dogs the next (if that IP sets off) <_<

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

So it’s either this or used games Cliffy? What a tool…

#9 1 year ago
  10. ChameleonX

Goddamn enough already!

How about another 3rd person Rayman platformer? I loved Rayman 2!!

#10 1 year ago
  11. Erthazus

Assassins Creed – The Call Of duty of action-adventure-platforming

It was always mediocre POS since the first game. Although the second game when Desilet made one is still the best in the series.

#11 1 year ago
  12. redwood

ubi.. what are you doing.. UBI!!…stahp!!!

#12 1 year ago
  13. manamana

Hah! And we are told why the heck we shouldn’t sell our games, when they are flooding us with halfbaked, soulless games. Yeah, Cliffster B. you are full of shit. Take a deep look at how nintendo is developing keeper-games, not this rushed garbage.

#13 1 year ago
  14. DSB

@13 Sing it brotha

Three games. Man, that’s just pathetic. A lot of creative bankruptcy going around.

#14 1 year ago
  15. NiceFellow

Having had the displeasure of playing AC3 all I can say is…

…right into the fucking ground

#15 1 year ago
  16. Mjorh

My favorite franchise is fucked up!

#16 1 year ago
  17. YoungZer0

@7: That won’t happen. They will keep forcing shit into this tired franchise instead of taking the risk of inventing a new game title.

I bet it went like this at Ubisoft:

“Oh man, I got an idea for an awesome pirate game with naval battle and all that!”
    “Cool, we could put that into Assassin’s Creed 3!”
    “Tha- that’s not how I meant it.”

#17 1 year ago
  18. yeoung

We’re making them create open world games within the span of a year, every year, but franchise fatique is not going to affect Assassins Creed, oh no.

I got out after Brotherhood, though admittedly the franchise piqued at ACII.

#18 1 year ago
  19. BD

I’m glad he’s honest.

He essentially confirms that the story is not important, and will obviously never end, because one game has to be released per year.

Hence, playing the games is essentially pointless, as the main plot will never really resolve.

I can stop playing.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Bloobat

This better include a new Vita game, I gather the liberation sold well so I don’t see why not!

#20 1 year ago
  21. elizajacobs90

Me and my brother love this game. All the characters are intriguing and the way they room all-over the place and use their stealth abilities during the battle is phenomenal! The Assassins Creed 3 Jacket is my favorite and it has got to be! Ubisoft has surely come up with something very special with its franchise of Assassins Creed.

#21 1 year ago
  22. vicrysty

Personally I have to buy all games will appear (exactly what I wanted to occur each year). I hope next to be held in ancient Rome. (Coliseum, I see him as never seen in any game so far). Those who complain that this game occurs each year, and we should take a break you do not understand. Franchise this really is the best constant quality, not more comparable to Call of Duty (Assassin’s Creed is superior, far more than other franchises). Ubisoft brought me great news, I hope to continue to bring this fantastic game every year. Personal thank you and I do not forget next in ancient Rome.

#22 1 year ago
  23. NinJe

Do not skip AC1. I really enjoyed it, I played AC 1 and 2 back to back and in many ways I enjoyed AC1 more than AC2.

I just hope they bring naval multiplayer to the next game after black flag, one team per ship with as many ships as they can cope with on next gen consoles.

#23 1 year ago
  24. machy

that’s called PLANNING … and if the market wants AC every year it’s their job to make sure it happens (Y)

BTW i stopped after brotherhood

#24 1 year ago
  25. misterfister

@4 I skipped AC1, went to AC2, skipped Brotherhood, played Revelations and played AC3. I got so bored of Ezio especially in Revelations he was a tired old man. Connor was a douche with no excitement. AC3 had many new things for the series and I believe AC3 was a test dummy for AC4. They are so similar, but AC4 should bring improvements on where AC3 killed our hopes.

#25 11 months ago
  26. misterfister

@22 Couldn’t agree more. COD is a bandwagon game and people who complain AC is too similar are the ones who buy COD every year. Annually it is the best franchise out there.

Rome interests me, so does a Spartan AC. Fuedal Japan is popular, if we can get past guns maybe WWI or WWII (though not likely). Wild West is just too… idk expected? Wouldn’t really care to see that. There is a Russian Assassin that would be interesting. Africa would be cool, instead of a tomahawk or dual swords he would have a spear and jungles and safaris with gorillas and lions. I’d like most to see Sparta, only I hope the Assassin would come back to tell the tale of the 300 who fought to the death and he would eventually lead the Greeks to kill Xerxes.

#26 11 months ago
  27. hw4747ut

I personally think ACIII was the best so far. The fighting gameplay was superior to ACII when you had to hit someone unrealisticly with a sword 10 times to kill them. And in ACIII you flow from kill to kill. In the future I would hope for a civil war game. With a black assassin trying to free his brothers.

#27 11 months ago
  28. Lounds

how about a true Prince of Persia game. two thrones was the last good PoP game.

#28 11 months ago
  29. Crusader_Prophet

I enjoy ac regardless. It’s a unique way of revisiting history. I don’t care which era is it as long as there is a compelling story line and an intriguing character. Most likely ac5 would be set in late 18th century Indian sub continent with Napoleon, King Ranjit Singh, Tipu Sultan, gen Jean Allard, lead assassin Arbaaz Mir and modern day protagonist Jot Soora whose dead fiancee Monima Das is the real descendant of Arbaaz.

#29 10 months ago
  30. SplatteredHouse

Modern corporate espionage/plotting rival angle, Ubi. That could be fun for AC.

#30 10 months ago