Knack PS4 gameplay shown & discussed in new footage

Friday, 14th June 2013 11:43 GMT By Dave Cook

Knack is heading to PS4 in all of its dynamic particle glory, and PS Blog has published a trailer showing off some new gameplay, as well as insight from Sony’s Mark Cerny and producer Yusuke Watanabe.

What do you think of Knack? It was confirmed as a PS4 launch title earlier this week.

Thanks GamesHQMedia.

1. monkeygourmet

I must say, this looks pretty awful. Looks like a bad dreamworks Pixar ripoff.

I’m going to have to rely on Indie games at PS4 launch…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hcw87

All these particles flying around, destruction etc. Then they disappear seconds later.

It’s Metal Gear Rising all over again. Expecting more from next gen.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Francis O

Yeah, Sony should just stick to shooters, racing, and God of War type games. Knack looks horrible.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Tech-N9ne

Not trying to troll, but were is the leap in graphics here? It might as well be Wii U game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TrickyAudio

I agree, graphically it doesn’t look the best. But I don’t that matters.

If the gameplay is good, this could be a decent little platformer. Its not Skyrim, is it….

#5 1 year ago
  6. Francis O

@TrickyAudio

I don’t know what you saw in this video that makes you think the gameplay looks good. But hey, it’s your opinion.

#6 1 year ago
  7. polygem

i really like it. i like the clean look a lot. i will pick this up for sure.

#7 1 year ago
  8. TrickyAudio

I said IF… :)

Its not finished. It may be very good. I just don’t think people should start on the whole ‘ohhhh Aladdin on the SNES looked better than this!’ before its even out or the generation has even started.

#8 1 year ago
  9. TrickyAudio

And if Sony just stuck to shooters, I think i’d literally start trainspotting as a hobby.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DrDamn

Got to say I’m not inspired by the gameplay shown so far. It’s fairly limited down a restricted corridor. I like the hidden bits and friends progress comparisons you get as you pick things up – that’s a nice touch.

It could work well as a more budget priced release though.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

@Tech
    It would probably sell better because the Wii U is a purely aimed casual machine.

#11 1 year ago
  12. stockops3

God graphics this graphics that, you can’t PLAY graphics the gameplay is the most important, god imagine if we complained about minecrafts graphics on Xbox one, grow up guys.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Christopher Jack

@7,Maybe cartooney & it’s disappointing how temporary the destruction is but it still looks better than Wii U/current console games.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Lengendaryboss

@Chris
    I don’t think you will have luck convincing him of that :)

#14 1 year ago
  15. monkeygourmet

The gameplay looks boring as hell though…

It looks like a tech demo of various PS4 graphics effects and Social Interrgation features. There is nothing shown here that 1 million IOS games don’t do already gameplay wise for 69p.

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkeygourmet

What a little shit stirrer! :)

#16 1 year ago
  17. Ireland Michael

@13 “You can’t PLAY graphics”

This seems to be put on a plague and hung on the wall of every gamer’s wall. Quote of the forever.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Lengendaryboss

@Monkey
    What? I find this funny as hell :) Seriously though i am just teasing him.

#18 1 year ago
  19. stockops3

@16 Looks… That’s the keyword there, have ou played it? Have you played the whole campaign seen Everything!? No you haven’t don’t judge a game by a demo, I don’t want a next gen system that purely focused on hyperealisticbl shooters, these games are different than thr generic crap that is churded out every year.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Francis O

Legendaryboss

No body takes what you say seriously dude. I sure as hell don’t.

#20 1 year ago
  21. The_Red

Really don’t understand the hate for this game. It does look unpolished but the character and its feel are the closest thing I’ve seen since the glory days of Crash 1-3.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Ireland Michael

@21 I really don’t think you should be name dropping people, honestly.

@22 Agreed. This looks fun as heck.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Because you don’t take me seriously doesn’t equal the opinion of others, but go on prove it. But again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlSMbbOA83E

#23 1 year ago
  24. zoopdeloop

so inappropriate for a next gen showing and launch title

#24 1 year ago
  25. TraceableX

This doesn’t look super but not bad.

Lol @ the Nintendo fanboys. This game looks better than anything Nintendo showed. Bayonetta 2 looks and plays like the first one. The new Super Mario 3D is laughable.

Sony made great 3D platformers in the past. Franchises like Crash, Spyro, Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank owned bones.

At least they have the balls to make new IPs.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Francis O

@Legendaryboss

Like I said previously…. don’t care what you say, you’re a joke.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Francis O

#26 TraceableX

Sorry but Knack doesn’t look better Monolith Soft’s X….or even Bayonetta 2

#27 1 year ago
  28. monkeygourmet

@4 Threw in the Nintendo curve ball.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Ireland Michael

@27 Then you must be the punchline, because you’re coming across as a needlessly insulting jerk right now.

@26 “Bayonetta 2 looks and plays like the first one’

Its difficult to improve on absolute perfection.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Francis O

Really? Well if you feel like it, you can seek out how Legendary continually targets me in a lot of his comments.

But whatever.

#30 1 year ago
  31. The_Red

@Ireland Michael
    True. It is kinda funny to see Nintendo fans using the graphics argument though. I mean, they used to say blah blah graphics don’t matter when Wii U was out and now that Nintendo has a HD system suddenly they say Mario 3D and Bayonetta 2 are the best looking games evah!

(To be fair though, Bayonetta 2 on Wii U looks stunning and IMHO, better than some of next-gen stuff. Same goes for Sonic Lost World and X).

#31 1 year ago
  32. themadjock

I reckon this could be quite charming and FUN! So what if it’s more of a tech demo, was Wii Sports any different at that was huge. Imagine what has to be rendered in real-time when Nack gets to full size, that’s a lot of Physics to calculate, reserve judgement I say

#32 1 year ago
  33. polygem

@32: oh yeah,? so you´ve played knack already. cool.

this wiiu comparisson makes no sense at all to begin with. i love platformers, this game looks like it´s a lot of fun, it´s a fresh idea, i think it looks solid. we need more games like this on xboxes and playstations. would you please give it a chance. thanks.

#33 1 year ago
  34. WENDiGO

@1,2,3,4 You 4 sound ignorant. They’re not pitching the game as next-gen. You think they’re using this to show next-gen graphics? You really think this is what they’d go with? I can’t stand when people insult something without thinking. It’s obvious this game is meant to be a time passer not a next-gen showcase.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    I don’t target you, its your generalisations, misconceptions and constant linking to Nintendo’s offerings (Bar Bayonetta 2) that make me comment, i don’t care what a virtual stranger thinks of me. “Mario Kart 8, X, and Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, all look graphically better than Knack.” I thought Nintendo focused on gameplay not graphics, thats what Nintendo fans always liked about Nintendo and now its being used to mock the graphical fidelity of Knack, what a bait and switch. Plus again that has no relevance here, compare PS4 games with Xbone, not Wii U.

#35 1 year ago
  36. Cort

Mark Cerny rocks, but I am very underwhelmed by his game. What is its USP?

#36 1 year ago
  37. Lengendaryboss

@Cort
    Sometimes greatness can’t be shown off in a Demo, Ask Dave about TLOU Demo impressions.

#37 1 year ago