Star Wars: Battlefront is not Battlefront 3

Thursday, 13 June 2013 22:51 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The DICE-developed Star Wars game isn’t a sequel to previous games in the series – it’s something new.

Speaking to Eurogamer, EA Games boss Patrick Söderlund said the new game is DICE’s own take on the series.

“This is DICE’s interpretation of what Battlefront should be. That’s the best description you can have,” he said.

“There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you’ll recognise and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavour on it. That’s the only way we can do it.

“Hence it’s called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it’s something new. But again, it’s going to be very Star Wars and very cool.”

That’s just about everything we know so far, except that the executive has promised it won’t be a re-skinned Battlefield.

We’re expecting Star Wars: Battlefront on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.