Pokemon X & Y: first gym trainer & new creatures revealed

Thursday, 13th June 2013 15:48 GMT By Dave Cook

Pokemon X & Y has received its first gym trainer reveal in the pages of Japanese magazine CoroCoro, along with some new creature types.

The article reveals a few new Pokemon types along with their Japanese names. Here they are, courtesy of Serebii’s translation:

This is fire-type Shishiko, a black bear cub that can use ‘Battle Cry’ to cripple an enemy’s attack power.

Bug-type Vivillon evolves from Kofukimushi and Kofuurai, and while this Pokemon was announced yesterday, this is the first time its evolution tree has been revealed.

Fairy-type Furabebe is all-new and can use a move called Fairy Wind.

On the left you can see new friendly character Pansy who will debut in the Pokemon cartoon along with her creatures Gogoat and Helioptile on 18 July.

In the middle is gym leader Viola, who ONM believes to be a bug-type trainer in Hakudan City.

What do you think of the new Pokemon types and human characters? Let us know in the comments and be sure to check out bigger versions of the shots below.

Thanks AGB.

1. ps3fanboy

what is this pedo game?… nintendo what the hell ar you doing?.. ar you going suicide emo?. and here i was planing to buy a wii-u and i see this shit. i must rethink my choice of buying now.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Its pokemon, how dare you call it a pedo game. Its best game out of Nintendo lineup of games for 3DS.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sadismek

Ah, I used to love Pokemon when I was a kid! I used to collect playing cards with my fellow friends and trade them all around, imagining battles :D. Oh, the good old times… :’)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

Oh the fun/good times never ends, i’m actually thinking about getting back into Pokemon.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ireland Michael

I am a 31 year old and I am not even remotely ashamed to admit that I will be playing this day one.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Djoenz

I am 25 years old and I stopped playing pokemon after pokemon yellow. I was 17 maybe? I love Ni No Kuni, but pokemon come on anyone older than 18 shouldnt play pokemon anymore.

Haha my girl would dump my ass if she caughts me playing pokemonsters.

#6 1 year ago
  7. absolutezero

This just in!

Games aimed directly at children have children in them.

More new as it breaks! Stay tuned!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Sadismek

@5 I would if I’d have a 3DS. Haven’t played a Pokemon video game since… Leaf Green I think? I want to see how the modern ones fare compared with the oldies.

Hah, who am I kidding, I want to battle Pokemons and catch ‘em all! :lol:

#8 1 year ago
  9. AwesomeGus

@2 just ignore him, he is a very angry person…

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

I know, just providing him with a pity response.

#10 1 year ago
  11. monkees19

@6 You might need to find a new girlfriend then…

Ive been playing Pokemon since the beginning and will definitely be buying this on day one, no question. I dont have to worry about a girlfriend so I guess Im ahead of the curve…

My wife already accepts it :)

#11 1 year ago