Kingdom Hearts 3: Nomura exploring new Disney IP for next-gen instalment

Thursday, 13th June 2013 12:39 GMT By Dave Cook

Kingdom Hearts 3 head Tetsuya Nomura has explained that his imagination has been running riot following Disney’s acquisition of Marvel and Lucasarts, sparking potential ways to work each company’s IP into his ever-expanding world.

IGN asked Noruma what he thought Disney’s new acquisitions, to which he replied, “Whenever I hear of the news, I always say, ‘woah…they’ve done it again.’ The first thing I do when I find out this news is contact Disney and see if it’s something I can use [in Kingdom Hearts].”

However, Nomura confirmed that whenever he contacts each separate company and division he gets a varied response, “Disney’s companies are all very different. Sometimes the answer is ‘absolutely no,’ and sometimes the answer is, ‘…hmm, we don’t know…’”

So then, would you like to see any Pixar, Marvel or Lucasarts IP make the leap into Kingdom Hearts 3 Let us know below.

1. Pytox

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 !!!

#1 1 year ago
  2. KrazyKraut

Luke Skywalker in KH3 would be awesome :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

I wouldn’t mind seeing them go into Return of the Jedi, to Jabba’s palace. That’d make for an interesting level.

Also wouldn’t mind seeing Iron Man or Thor join your party, briefly.

#3 1 year ago
  4. CyberMarco

It’s Kingdom-of freaking-Hearts 3 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I’m sure Nomura will deliver as always, can’t wait!!!

#4 1 year ago
  5. salarta

Right now I’m kind of indifferent to Kingdom Hearts 3. I’m keeping an eye on it in the wake of the FF15 announcement, but I’m still more on the fence of not getting it for now, since I’m still miffed by 3rd Birthday and other insulting and terrible Squeenix games. KH3 lending support to any of Squeenix’s terrible projects of the past decade would guarantee me absolutely never touching the game.

That said, not sure how I’d feel about Marvel or Star Wars mixed with Kingdom Hearts. I can see Star Wars coexisting very, very well, because the whole dynamic of Jedi vs Sith as a light side and dark side dichotomy fits well with the concept of the Heartless and hearts. The Marvel universe, however, I really can’t see fitting well even if it’s given a cartoony slant. But then, I’d generally dislike whatever went on anyway, since Marvel’s made it excessively clear that they’ll only use the most popular characters that they’ve overhyped to death. If Marvel used less appreciated characters, especially if they used Polaris, then I’d be excited for a Marvel world. But knowing Marvel, they’ll give us a world full of Wolverine or a world where the Avengers are the only heroes that matter or something.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gnosis

I want to see Disney Pixar IPs, but that’s not gonna happen.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Malfet

I’d say the more the merrier. Bring it!

#7 1 year ago