Xbox One: Quantum Break behind-the-scenes trailer promises “a little bit of crazy”

Wednesday, 12th June 2013 09:53 GMT By Dave Cook

Quantum Break developer Remedy Entertainment has published a new dev diary on its Xbox One debut. The game will combine a TV series and shooter into one canon, and has been describe by studio boss Sam Lake as ‘a little bit crazy’.

In the game time is breaking down, and it’s up to the players to survive the collapse. Lake promised that the players will have choices that will define their own personal ‘director’s cut’ of the show – meaning the game experience.

The game has digital doubles of the show’s actors, with complex facial animation and full body capture tech. Remedy hopes to make these character convincing enough to deliver and back-up its lofty story-telling goals.

What do you make of the clip above? Let us know below, and watch the game’s E3 2013 reveal trailer here.

Thanks GamesHQMedia.

1. monkeygourmet

Hey guys, we need a ‘David Cage’ type game…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Samoan Spider

This is a title I’m looking forward to. I love the basis of the story.

#2 1 year ago
  3. monkeygourmet

It does look cool, I would like to see some gameplay though…

Have a feeling it’s Kinect heavy for some reason… :/

#3 1 year ago
  4. Samoan Spider

@3 I fear that too, but I was suitably impressed by the lack of Kinect jumpy wavy crap at the presser so I’m remaining optimistic for this title. I’d like to see some gameplay too though and I’m hoping that comes soon.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Pytox

TV Series? ugh

#5 1 year ago
  6. Samoan Spider

@5 It’s working ok with Defiance, so why not?

#6 1 year ago
  7. iSh3rlock

I think the vid they showed us @ E3 is a CUT SCENE (like an animation movie), not entirely gameplay quality.

time will tell

#7 1 year ago
  8. Doomsayer

Am i the only one who would rather have them make the next Alan Wake ? So far im not at all excited for QB.

Cheers

#8 1 year ago
  9. CyberMarco

Nice, release it on PC now, chop-chop!

#9 1 year ago