Moebius E3 trailer shows quintessential Jane Jensen intrigue

Wednesday, 12th June 2013 08:10 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Jane Jensen’s new adventure, Moebius, looks just as suspenseful and intricate as the lauded adventure creator’s best work in this new trailer.

Jensen, the creator of Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter, turned to crowdfunding for her new studio, Pinkerton Road. Her crew is actually working on an unrevealed title for a publisher, so Phoenix Online was drafted to develop Moebius.

The third-person mystery has players in the role of Malachi Rector, who is asked to investigate a murder by a secretive government agency – which is a bit odd, as his natural talent is for antiquities. Things then go south in, hopefully, grand Jensen style.

Moebius is undated but headed to iPad, Linux, Mac and PC at some point. It’s on show at E3 this week, in fact.

1. backup

this game shows true power of PC GPU

#1 1 year ago
  2. Neuromancer

Can’t wait to play Moebius and Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse!

#2 1 year ago
  3. TheWulf

Big fan of Jensen’s stuff. This is definitely one of those cases where I’m happy to have backed something on Kickstarter.

“I-I hate PC, PC is baka!”

I get it. You’re a tsundere with an overwhelming PC fetish you’re too afraid to openly realise. So you troll PC threads to deal with it.

Can we move on, now?

#3 1 year ago
  4. backup

I-I love PC, PC is baka!”

I get it. You’re a tsundere with an overwhelming PC pirate you’re too afraid to openly realise that u download through torrents and kill developers. deal with it.

Can we move on, now?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Samoan Spider

@3 Lol :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. sh4dow

@3:

I feel exactly the opposite way. From playing that chapter that was released so far, I felt like this game is in nowhere near the quality of any adventure game Jensen was involved in (though mostly in terms of art style, animations and UI. Characters and story… well, didn’t blow me away… but were alright). They are obviously set on the art style, which I find pretty awful and I wonder whether they’ll be able to improve animations, UI and whatnot in time for release.
    I won’t even pay much attention to it until it is done. Only then, it’ll get a second chance.

It is actually on of THE reasons (there were other disappointments too but this is the major one, since I had the biggest hopes for it and also contributed way more than I did on other projects because of that) why I won’t support anything on Kickstarter any more.

#6 1 year ago