Infamous: Second Son gameplay shows off new powers

Wednesday, 12th June 2013 02:44 GMT By Brenna Hillier

You’ve seen the trailer. You’ve seen the screens. Now watch six minutes of gameplay footage from InFamous: Second Son while we dry to drag our battered bodies out from under this ever-growing pile of E3 assets.

As well as new protagonist Delsin’s cool smoke powers, you’ll get a look at how the game’s environments crumble as you lay about you. Neat.

The PlayStation 4 exclusive is due in early 2014.

Thanks, CVG.

1. machy

he was cheating … in the real game u’d run out of power so fast and he had like infinite health ”those dev really suck at plying their on games”

why u no gve me a call

#1 1 year ago
  2. Crussong

@1: So? It was a gameplay demonstration.. Of course you dont want to mess up when you show gameplay for the firstime ;)

#2 1 year ago
  3. xxJPRACERxx

inFamous is one of my favorite series and this look fantastic! Maybe I’ll get a PS4 at launch after all…

#3 1 year ago
  4. jmg24bad

This looked really good. Miles better looking than infamous2

#4 1 year ago
  5. DrDamn

I think it’s been confirmed as a Q1 2014 title. It does look really nice though. I got half way through inFamous 1 and forgot about it for a while, then finished it earlier this year and went straight in to inFamous 2. Looking forward to this.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

Okay, THIS for me is a system seller. I’ve always wanted to get into InFamous as a series and right now it just looks a lot more to my tastes than anything on MS’ platform.

That’s it, as of this moment I’m a Sony fanboy. Guess I gotta start reading TheSixthAxis now.

That pad *better* be good.

#6 1 year ago
  7. backup

Simply awesome

#7 1 year ago
  8. Bomba Luigi

If Somke is his Power, and he can use Smoke to Regenerate or so, does that mean Smoking Cigarettes would be good for his Health?

Just being Curios. I was sceptic because Cole was Missing, and in the First announcmend it looked a bit too much like Prototyp, but that is out of the Way. I saw more, and now I want that shit.

#8 1 year ago
  9. powerbuoy

I think it looks pretty much the same as the previous titles, only prettier. Don’t get me wrong I liked 1 and 2 but I was really hoping for more with the next generation. Graphics are good enough, I want dynamic worlds, smart AI and real physics now.

#9 1 year ago
  10. YoungZer0

Uff, that guy seems to suck at the game.

#10 1 year ago
  11. The_Red

That looks insanely promising. Yes, most of powers seem to visual variations on InFamous 2 and Festival of Blood moves but goddamit, the thing looks fun AND visually interesting.

#11 1 year ago
  12. silverstorm

Game looks wonderful, but i hope i have an option to remove that reticule when i’m not aiming.

#12 1 year ago
  13. KineticCalvaria

Destruction reminds me of Red Faction, games looking awesome!

#13 1 year ago
  14. polygem

i played infamous 1 and 2, both a while ago. i loved the original, enjoyed the second one too but really was more impressed by the first one back then. second felt a bit samey and repetitive. fun games.
    so, blabla, actually only wanted to ask: IS FESTIVAL OF BLOOD GOOD?
    haven´t played that one yet and it´s on sale for – i think – only 4,99 with ps+
    worth picking it up?

#14 1 year ago
  15. YoungZer0

@14: It’s okay. Definitely one of the better DLC’s out there.

#15 1 year ago
  16. polygem

ok. thx. might check it out. will look for a review now first. kind of feel like playing infamous again.

#16 1 year ago