Super Mario 3D World out December on Wii U, screens & trailer inside

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 15:10 GMT By Dave Cook

Super Mario 3D World has been confirmed for a December release on Wii U, along with four-player co-op and an all-new cat suit.

It’s another platformer similar to Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS, but this time it includes four-player multiplayer with Mario, Luigie, Peach and Toad all chipping in to save the day. Players can now wear a new cat suit that can be used to climb up walls and you can even hack at foes with the costume’s claws.

It’s out on Wii U this December, and we’ve got screens here:

1. EdNorton

Trailer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGyWnN7QHY

#1 10 months ago
  2. yeoung

Hmm, actually looks like fun. Guess I’ve been away from Mario for too long..

#2 10 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

Reminds me a lot of Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS, but with a Super Mario 2 feel, from the NES days.

#3 10 months ago
  4. polygem

yeah it looks solid and it will sure be a lot of fun…but it really looks a lot like super mario 3d land. i was hoping for something else, something mindblowing like the galaxy games. still…looks like a rocksolid new mario game.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Bomba Luigi

Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy all blew my mind when I first saw them. This not.

I’m sure it will have the Quality you know from Nintendo, but just being a good Game ist not good enough for a new 3D Mario. I expect something awesomemindblowingandstuffshit.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Moonwalker1982

Exactly man. I can;t describe how i felt when i saw this, i was like….hey…surely this is another game for the 3DS, right? Basically they just put a handheld game like Mario 3D Land on the console now. I was SO not hoping for that, cause i honestly didn’t think 3D land was that special.

A game like Mario 64, or Sunshine or heck…Galaxy 3 then, but this? WHY?!!! Camera is way too far away from Mario and it just isn’t a brand new 3D Mario, totally isn’t.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Metroid455

Eeeeeehhh? Nintendo is surely trolling us? for what basically looks like 3D Mario Land for 3DS. This surely can’t be the Wii U’s new Mario game? wow talk about disappointment -__-

#7 10 months ago
  8. Sini

where are all those wiitards that were hyping galaxy 3 or sunshine 2.. and all they got was… this

#8 10 months ago