Kingdom Hearts 3 announced for PS4

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 03:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Oh my god. Brenna and I ’bout about fainted. But yeah. Kingdom Hearts 3. PlayStation 4. See the first trailer below.

Franchise creator Tatsuya Nomura made an appearance via video conference at Sony’s E3 presentation, where he dropped this bomb in the most casual way possible after re-announcing Final fantasy Versus 13 as Final fantasy 15 with a blistering new trailer.

Briefly referencing an upcoming game, Nomura flicked into the trailer, which began with a slow trickle of past Kingdom Hearts games.

“Oh, it’s the HD re-release or something,” we said, wondering if we had time to get a cup of tea. “Hang on, 1.5 ReMIX doesn’t have stuff from Kingdom hearts 2 in it, does it? Oh my goodness that is new material can it actually be happening at last?

Then we lost our shit.

The last core Kingdom Hearts release, Kingdom Hearts 2 released on PS2 in 2006. In the interim, the plot has wandered back and forth through prequels and interquels, frustrating everybody. To say the fandom is pleased by this news is probably the understatement of the decade. We don’t know a blessed thing about it beyond this trailer.

1. Pytox

nice

2. Mike W

Talk about a megaton announcement

3. dravenkaze

Epic

4. POOP CRUSTY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMGGGGGGGG OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYUUY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!So many years waiting!!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!

5. POOP CRUSTY

I was like meeeh another KH 1.5 Trailer….

6. CyberMarco

Why Square Enix do you like to torture me, why? I still can’t believe KH3 is real.

Damn you, now I have to buy the PS4 only for this game, and FF XV of course! :D :D :D

7. Gama_888

Amazing, Although it did just say now in development, so i think its going to be a good while

8. Callow

OHMYGOSH YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the feed cut out for a moment or so and when it came back on with THAT! Oh my gosh, I nearly died from a fan-girl heart attack.

9. stockops3

Omg I was squeling like a little girl im so fucking happy, don’t has won e3 in my eyes, ps4 is my instabuy for me wow my jaw has hit the floor!!!

10. POOP CRUSTY

They can take all the time they like. Just knowing it’s coming is good enough for me!

11. Puggy

Finally. I was already sick of waiting and seeing reboots and spin offs of the Series. Now lets see where this game is heading. though it looks like I might have to get myself a PS4 after all… At least it sounds like the better solution this time.

12. Beta

Mirror’s Edge made my week. This has made my month! Yes!!

13. Malfet

Finally, indeed!

14. backup

zoo Tycoon announced for x1
    Shit announced for PC they all are pirates though PC gamers can eat it

And KH3 announced for PS4