Final Fantasy 14 will be released on PS4 in 2014

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 03:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Having waited this long to push out the first console version of Final Fantasy 14, Square Enix has apparently decided to go for broke and produce another one.

During Sony’s E3 press conference, it was revealed that Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn will release on PlayStation 4 in addition to PlayStation 3 and PC.

A PS3 version was first promised in 2006, well before the MMORPG was formally announced, and was expected at or soon after the launch of the PC version. Unfortunately, the PC was release was fairly dire, and Square Enix devoted all resources to fixing it as soon as possible.

it did a pretty good job in the end, but has since taken the game offline completely to relaunch it in an entirely new form. A Realm Reborn, as the remake is known, is due at the end of August on PC and PS3.

The PS4 version will be release in 2014 and Square is in talks with Sony to “ensure” that players who purchase the PS3 version of the game will be able to smoothly transition their game accounts to the PS4 version upon its release.

“The heart of everything we’re working towards is enabling players and their friends to experience their own rich Final Fantasy adventure,” said Naoki Yoshida, producer and director.

”The deeply integrated social capabilities of the PS4 will make it a natural home for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The team and I are thrilled to continue our adventure on the next generation gaming platform, and we hope that you’ll join us!”

The PC and PS3 versions will enter the third phase of beta testing on June 14 and are due for global release on August 27. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at £7.69 / €10.99.

1. ivycrew707

This is a little confusing…..

2. Puggy

Well, I guess it was early in the morning when this news was posted, so a bit of confusing phrasing should be okay. XV (15) is what it should have read I assume.

3. Digital Bamboo

@1&2 Not that confusing, but I guess you’re tired?

This article is about FF14 the “reborn” MMORPG, coming to PS3, PS4 & PC.

Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII), for PS4, was also revealed.

I guess it is a bit confusing.

4. Puggy

Ah yes, my bad. I am so used to call it A Realm Reborn, I was not even linking it to FFXIV anymore, whch was already anounced and cancled.

And yes, too little sleep is no good for reading and comprehending. Sorry about that.

5. backup

E3 worst thing happening to PC and xbots

6. TheWulf

Good for PS4 users, really. Sony seems a little more sane when it comes to allowing MMOs on their hardware than Microsoft. Personally, I’m hoping this allows for cross-platform play, too, so that friends who mostly use consoles can join me in some online gaming. I doubt it, but I can hope.

Anyway, I’m always happy to see Sony at least trying to push the envelope a bit in regards to what consoles are perceived as.

Not really. The PC is still the home of the MMO, hence why there are tens of quality MMOs on the PC which have never left that platform. Including my personal favourite – Champions Online. Now, I’d love to see those land on the PS4, but that hasn’t actually happened yet.

So I think you’re mixing up your wet dreams with reality. Jussayin’.