Bayonetta 2 will have “two player mode,” launches 2014

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 15:31 GMT By Dave Cook

Bayonetta 2 has received a gameplay trailer on Wii U, showing off the gun-toting witch’s new, shorter hair style. For a person who uses her hair as a weapon, that’s a big deal.

The clip above shows Bayonetta scrapping with angelic monsters in her usual style, but now with really short hair.

During the Nintendo Direct E3 broadcast, Platinum Games designer Hideki Kamiya said while the game was “designed as a single-player experience, it also has a two-player experience.”

“We’ll have more to say about that later,” he concluded.

Nintendo’s Satoru Iwata promised more information during E3.

Here’s some screens:

1. absolutezero

Short hair.

hhhnnnnnggggggggggg

#1 1 year ago
  2. mistermogul

I must say this looks fooking aces!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Blue Oni

The combination of glasses and short hair…<3

#3 1 year ago
  4. OmegaSlayer

Short hair you say.
    My bet is that Nintendo hypocrite family friendism forced the developer to scrap the hair costume for censor.

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

No she has the same costume and powers. She just has short hair now.

lol.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

I mean, I’m sure this is going to play well, but the trailer didn’t excite me for it. It didn’t look like anything that couldn’t be done on PS3/360.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dark

OMG , this looks amazing!!

and the new look is much better IMO

#7 1 year ago
  8. absolutezero

Why would it?

Not a single thing from any of the recent conferences made me think “This could only be done on a next gen console”

Unless you mean purely visual.

That just seriously brought back why I love climax action games almost as much as survival horror. How much I adored the first game.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SplatteredHouse

I can hardly see a thing for all the artifacting in the clip. :( I’m trying to clearly see what the game is like, but no chance atm.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Dark

Official trailer.

#10 1 year ago
  11. salarta

I don’t like the short hair on Bayonetta or the long hair on Jeanne, but I can deal with it. Game looks great other than that.

#11 1 year ago
  12. OmegaSlayer

Now, putting all the fanboysm aside…the trailer is crap compared to the trailer of the first one.
    Maybe it’s the lack of novelty typical of the sequels, maybe it’s the City setting that seems ripped off of Rising, maybe it’s the lack of sensualized humor, the lack of the crazy soundtrack, maybe because it just seemed a big mess…
    You can call me butthurt, you can say I’m downplaying the game because it will be on WiiU, but, as long as it seems miles better gameplay wise than DmC and Ninja Gaiden 3, it doesn’t seem to have the magic of the first Bayonetta.

#12 1 year ago
  13. salarta

@12: I’ll agree that it doesn’t seem quite as cheeky as the first game. I wouldn’t doubt for a second that it could be a result of Nintendo meddling with what content they’ll allow from a game tied to them, too. But hopefully that’s all incorrect, and it turns out that the game really does have all the flair of the first game.

I’m also hoping the game comes with a costume of Bayonetta from Bayonetta 1, and that it’s available relatively early. This new design isn’t terrible in its own right, but I very, very much prefer her old design, particularly the fact she had long hair and a big hair bun. It certainly doesn’t hurt the game terribly since how Bayonetta looks isn’t what matters, but it definitely makes me think of it as a “Felicity cuts her hair” sort of moment.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Agt_Pendergast

@ 12

Personally, I thought the original games trailers were terrible, focusing too much on story elements rather than the over the top spectacle, whereas this does the exact opposite to my delight.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Just-Joe

@12 It’s a trailer, not the full game.

#15 1 year ago
  16. absolutezero

Her reveal is a full frame crotch shot.

Jesus Christ.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Ireland Michael

…I prefer the short hair.

Though frankly, she could be a transvestite with a man’s voice and a bald head and I wouldn’t give a crap, just so long as the same incomparable quality of gameplay is still there.

@16 Indeed. The cheek is strong in this one.

People will pick apart some of the most tediously unsubstantiable stuff in trailers some times. Christ.

#17 1 year ago
  18. YoungZer0

I like the short hair too.

btw. I think we should kickstart anatomy lessons for PlatinumGames. Those guys deserve it!

#18 1 year ago
  19. backup

looks lame last gen game

#19 1 year ago
  20. manamana

I try hard to visualize a big ol’ fuckface-sized hole in here, DSB.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Lengendaryboss

Interesting.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Mike W

Jesus, that was intense.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Francis O

#19 Good one….

Next gen gameplay confirmed.

#23 1 year ago
  24. dreamcastnews

@19 woah, backup there, son (see what I did there) you do know Wii U isn’t next gen yeah?

Open your eyes and plague some other news thread if you haven’t got anything positive and constructive to add.

#24 1 year ago