Contra: Run and Gun trademarked by Konami

Monday, 10th June 2013 11:03 GMT By Dave Cook

Contra: Run and Gun has been trademarked by Konami, which should come as a nice surprise to fans of bullets, death and pain.

The above trademark was unearthed by NeoGAF user Rosti, and it was filed on June 4 by Konami.

If this is for a new game, it’ll be the first Contra title since Hard Corps: Uprising, which was generally quite badass.

The trademark follows rumours that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow team Mercury Steam was involved in a Contra reboot last year.

Would you like to see the series return? Could Mercury Steam reboot the series successfully? Let us know below.

Cheers CVG.

1. OmegaSlayer

Run and Gun sounds bad. Real bad.

#1 1 year ago
  2. loveaya

Hard Corps Uprising is the best PSN title i’ve ever played. I hope the developper of Run and Gun would be still Arc System Works.

#2 1 year ago
  3. SameeR_Fisher

Mercury Steam should reboot it, I would love them to do so.

But I don’t think this is it, they won’t go for such a name I believe.

#3 1 year ago
  4. The_Red

@Dave
    “it’ll be the first Contra title since Hard Corps: Uprising”

Is Uprising officially considered a Contra game? I thought it was inspired by Contra HC on Genesis but that’s it. If it really is a C game, I have to get it again ASAP.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

@4 – If I recall correctly, Hard Corps: Uprising is supposed to be very, very early in the canon.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

Looked it up. Yeah, it’s a prequel. The whole idea of it was the make a spin-off franchise starring Bahamut, who by the time Contra: Hard Corps starts was already a war hero years and years before he became a villain. The Hard Corps series was meant to show the war hero side of his life.

#6 1 year ago
  7. monkeygourmet

It’s awesome, well worth getting! :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. The_Red

Thanks for the info. Wow, as a C: Hard Corps fan, I feel ashamed (Hard Corps is my fave C game after the original on NES). Gotta fix it.

I’ll get it ASAP. Remember seeing a Giant Bomb quick look a long time ago and loving the visuals.

#8 1 year ago