Battlefield 4′s Commander Mode detailed, 64-player Siege of Shanghai multiplayer shown

Monday, 10th June 2013 21:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

DICE came on stage during the EA E3 press event to talk about Battlefield 4 and Commander Mode. Thanks to Battlelog you can also play anywhere and jump into it on various devices. Siege of Shanghai multiplayer mode was shown which allows for up to 64-players. This was shown live on stage. A team of five were shown playing with the other 59. Watch below.

1. GrimRita

And note – ALL playing on the PC….

2. KineticCalvaria

@1, yup, but anyone else note that some of them were using X1 controllers on PC? Or did I imagine that and its actually 360 ones?

3. ninjanutta

360 controllers were used but only one or two were using them,prolly tank or heli pilots

4. KineticCalvaria

@3, aww damn, still hopeful they’ll come to PC.

5. monkeygourmet

But this proves new Xbox 1 pads will work on PC. I wonder if it has trigger feedback like the Xbone?

Def Xbone pads

6. KineticCalvaria

Ah Ha, rechecked the vid. Confirmed they’re coming to PC woo! The Guide button is higher, controller definitely X1. Awesome, who needs internet sleuths!

7. EdNorton

Battlefield 4 64 Player Multiplayer Gameplay

8. Max Payne

@7 If that building can be destroyed on current gen I am going to eat my hat.

9. KineticCalvaria

@8, something tells me that its a triggered event rather than destruction. It’ll probably just look terrible on current gen but possible.

10. monkeygourmet

@8, 9

I wonder how many players will be possible on ‘next gen’?

11. mark6IKX

That’s the deal breaker for me. I really like the Xbox one. But if that skyscraper don’t fall on xb1. I’ll be a pc noob for life. Just to blow it up haha

12. Ireland Michael

@10 I would imagine it shouldn’t be a problem with the specs of the new hardware.

13. KineticCalvaria

@10, 11.

Yeah definitely possible on next-gen, I’d most likely expect 1080p @ 30fps or possibly 720p @ 60fps. But either way that goddamn building will fall. And no reason why there won’t be 64 players on next-gen.

Before the PC crowd comes in here, yes it’ll look better on PC blah, blah, blah. :)

14. monkeygourmet

I think they said it was 60fps at the MS conference, although they didn’t say 1080p or 720p?

I hope they do 64 players, after watching the demo it would look pretty sparse without!

15. Tavarish

Official trailer / MP footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJY7n8KaOY

In the end of trailer we can see:

1. New location of flag after skyscraper has fallen

2. That game now contains counter-knifing. Enemy going to stab you into face? Kill sucker with hes own knife.

Edit: @14 60 FPS, no mention of resolution. I think they confirmed 64p for next-gen.

16. Max Payne

There will be 64 players on consoles that is 100%.
    But after they reveal singleplayer demo and said its 60 fps so that also means that its applied for MP ?

17. KineticCalvaria

@14,

My stream was messing up during the MS conference didn’t realise, yep quick google search confirms 60fps, thank goodness :), and also 64 players on console too :P.

I’d imagine 720p upscaled.

@15, yep just as I thought its a triggered event.