Watch Dogs E3 2013 exposes Aiden’s world

Sunday, 9th June 2013 22:36 GMT By Staff

Watch Dogs has received a long trailer ahead of Ubioft’s pre-E3 conference tonight. It dives deep into the world of Aiden Pearce and his hacking chums.

Watch Dogs is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

1. Tavarish

Game that I look most towards in this year. Shown footage is very promising.

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

As much as I want to believe that this will be in-game graphics, I can’t trust Ubisoft anymore, not after the Far Cry 3 deceit.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tavarish

@2 Compare shown in-game footage to this video. This video is very clearly pre-rendered stuff.

@4 In my books that is just huge plus. Such a boss in PoI :b

#3 1 year ago
  4. Max Payne

The guy also speaks a little bit like Reese from Person of Interest :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. marijnlems

@2 Uh, it’s not in-game, it’s obviously pre-rendered. Ubisoft won’t be claiming otherwise.

#5 1 year ago
  6. KAP

Some people on this Internet thing is so unbelievable.

The fact today I watched this trailer and couldn’t entirely tell if it were actors of CG was just a huge testament if how graphically intense visuals are getting these days. Gone are the days of getting excited of Final Fantasy 7 CG lol

#6 1 year ago
  7. DSB

Dat Batman voice…

Fair enough that you’re going with a masked avenger and all, but does he really have to be like every masked avenger ever?

#7 1 year ago
  8. CyberMarco

wow-wow guys, take it easy. All I’m saying is that I’ll wait for the final product before I can state my final opinion.

Regarding Far Cry 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqnAbRpyqfI

#8 1 year ago
  9. MadFingerz

@7 What?! Name me one masked avenger that fights evil with a mobile! :p

@8 Ubi has done that for years. Compare demonstration footage of Brothers in Arms, Assassin’s Creed, among others to see what I mean. It’s quite ridiculous.

#9 1 year ago
  10. zinc

I’m a invisible vigilante , able to harness the tech around me at will!

I wear a mask so everyone can notice me!

Seriously who wouldn’t notice a masked man, in a long coat? He may as well be wearing a hi-vis & rattling a collection tin!

#10 1 year ago
  11. sh4dow

@8:

Awesome video, thanks for the link!

And the funny thing is… back then, I wasn’t even that impressed by the E3 demo already… felt that the visuals were too stylized.

#11 1 year ago
  12. povu

I don’t know, there’s some fancy video editing and camera angles going on and it’s obviously heavily scripted, but I’m not seeing any particular scenes here that looks like modern PCs can’t handle.

Either way ‘Pre-rendered’ is probably the wrong word to use, since that usually implies CGI trailers like Deus Ex, while this seems to be done in-engine. Whether we have access to this level of graphics quality is up for questioning of course.

#12 1 year ago
  13. deathm00n

@12 No way this is done with the engine.

#13 1 year ago
  14. povu

@13 You’re right, I derped and watched the wrong trailer.

Yeah, the CGI trailer is most definitely CGI.

#14 1 year ago