The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Xbox One reveal expected

Sunday, 9th June 2013 23:37 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Polish news sources report The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be shown during Microsoft’s E3 press conference, confirming its release on the new console.

Heretofore, the RPG had been announced as a “next-generation” title for PC and “high-end consoles”, with an announcement following the PlayStation 4 to confirm that yes, Sony’s new box is one of those consoles.

Now, wprost reports Microsoft will formally unveil The Witcher 3 as an Xbox One title during its E3 event, according to Polygon and auto-translate.

Edge has a big cover feature on the CD Projekt Red title in its July issue, which appears to have leaked online.

We’re expecting The Witcher 3 in 2014; there are no plans to bring it to current-gen consoles at present, as the developer fears this will compromise its vision. Despite its long lead time, we already know quite a lot about it.

1. KAP

Not played any of the witcher titles but really finding this interesting to watch.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Gronke09

I really love CD Projekt Red, the company created GoG.com. They really love the gaming community and i love Witcher, i will probably buy every game they make. They hate DRM so they gave Witcher 2 DRM free for people who owned it on steam, which was really nice. I don’t get the idea of releasing this on Xone, when the machine is DRM itself….

#2 10 months ago
  3. DSB

The Witcher 2 was outstanding.

It actually made me want to read the books because it was really well written, but I was kinda surprised to find that the English translations out are actually quite crap.

I don’t know if the same thing goes for the original Polish, but it wasn’t nearly as good as the game :P

#3 10 months ago
  4. povu

Of course they’ll conveniently forget to mention the PC and PS4 during the presentation, by Microsoft’s orders.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Froseidon

@2 – It was released on 360 (Witcher 2 that is) so its only logical… I don’t see why you don’t get the idea. What logic is there in 360 get 2 and PS4 getting 3 whilst X1 sits 3 out. It’s just a logical move…

#5 10 months ago
  6. superjay779

@4 When Sony was showing Dead Space 2 at there conference were they mentioning that it was on other systems?

#6 10 months ago
  7. DSB

@5 What is logical about handing it to Microsoft though? Or putting it on any console for that matter.

CD Projekt are always talking about providing great service, lowering restrictions, keeping prices fair and never patronizing their customers. Consoles were never about any of that.

I think the obvious reasoning is to get some fast revenue, but in that case it makes no sense to go exclusive.

Their words simply don’t match their actions. I love CD Projekt, but it’s blatant hypocrisy on their part.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Tavarish

I can’t wait to see some Witcher 3 gameplay. Witcher 1 & 2 are just stunning RPG games when it comes to story. Witcher 2 also has excellent art / graphics and good gameplay so can’t wait to see how Witcher 3 looks and plays.

@1 You should check out Witcher 2. It recaps W1 nicely, I think there is such function under Extras, and Witcher 2 is easily one of the best, if not the best, RPG of 2011.

@4 It’s called marketing so yeah, CD Projekt has to hype shit out of W3 on XB1 and most likely can’t mention PC and PS 4.

@7 Witcher 3 is coming out on PC, PS 4 and XB 1. There is no “Exclusive on…” -deals done by CD Projekt.

I admit that going on consoles this strongly is slightly weird move, if we ignore insane increase in sold copies, from company that is openly against DRM and all about free patches, enhancement patches and free content.

#8 10 months ago
  9. superjay779

@7 “What is logical about handing it to Microsoft though” Are you saying that it’s exclusive because I think they already said it’s going to be on both PS4 and X1.

#9 10 months ago
  10. DSB

@8, 9 Yeah I did completely misunderstand that. Thanks :D

I could’ve just read the post I guess, but they did sign it as an exclusive the first time, so I thought that was the foregone conclusion.

#10 10 months ago
  11. CaptPierce

I tried getting into the game on the PC but it had a PUNISHING beginning at first, so I didn’t pick it up after that. How does the 360 version fare?

#11 10 months ago
  12. Tavarish

@11 I have only heard positive things about it. If you own PC version patch it to latest version, it’s same as X360 version, and see how it feels now.

Yes, CD Projekt released all improvements, changes, new content etc. that is in X360 version as free patch to PC players :D

#12 10 months ago
  13. Astral Frost

Bethesda can’t compete with CD Projekt when it comes to design talent and the ability to actually execute. Their games are very rough and are generally considered to be more than the sum of their parts. I love Skyrim, but I think they’re about to get beat at their craft. It won’t matter commercially, but it will in terms of prestige. CDP will set a bar that Bethesda will need to meet or exceed.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Tavarish

@13 If Witcher 3 really pulls off open world RPG in a way that Bethesda has only dreamed about and reached for all they need to do, shamefully, is to throw fuck ton of cash into next Scoll games hypemarketing.

Even with success of Witcher 1 & 2 CD Projekt, or theirs publisher, just can’t afford such spending sprees on marketing.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Bill_E_Talent

Seems awfully hypocritical for CD Projekt Red to release this game onto X1 considering their stance on DRM. Especially after the GOG twitter feed’s pot shot @ Microsoft following the X1 reveal.
    No DRM, no internet checks, hassle-free installation, backwards compatibility–nothing new to reveal, just the same old @GOGcom ;-) ” – posted May 22nd.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Llewelyn_MT

Just cut the crap. If you own an XBone you obviously don’t give a rat’s ass about DRM. Still, it doesn’t have to mean you have to miss out on the Witcher. It will still be available without it on Windows PC. The way it’s meant to be played. ;-)

#16 10 months ago
  17. Gronke09

@5 well i can say that microsoft released Fable 1 for PC, but did not release Fable 2 for PC. They even did the same move with Gears of War. Microsoft keep screwing PC players even though they own Windows.so let me hear your logic on that? piracy? NO, that just a bad excuse to use, when they did not earn the extra 3 million they expected. yes piracy can make it worse, but why did they then release Fable 3 on PC, but did not port Fable 2 for the PC, even though 2 and 3 were crap, that’s still annoying.

#17 10 months ago
  18. Tavarish

@17 Just to be clear. Witcher 3 comes out on PC, PS 4 and XB 1.

#18 10 months ago
  19. Moonwalker1982

I will believe it when i see it. I still find the comment from the developer rather strange before the Xbox Reveal and after it. Maybe it’s indeed because of this, a very first showing at Microsoft’s shows, but still. Would be awesome though.

#19 10 months ago