God Eater 2 demo releasing on Vita and PSP this summer with data transfer

Saturday, 8th June 2013 16:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A demo for God Eater 2 will be released on Vita and PSP this summer, according to new out of the Joint Development Summit streamed on NicoNico Live.

The Vita demo will release on July 25 and the PSP demo on August 1, and each will allow data to be transferred to the core game come release.

According to Siliconera, which watched the event, the game will contain over 200 Blood Ats, which is twice the amount announced originally.

Changes over the original game include an improved attack speed for the Charge Spear, the Charge Crush ability of the Buster Blade has been changed to give it a “heavier” feel, and Wireless Message importance has been improved.

Operational customizations using Vita’s right stick and touch pad are currently being considered.

God Eater 2, the sequel to PSP RPG Gods Eater Burst, is slated for release in Japan later this year.

1. Lengendaryboss

The PS Vita would probably succeed if games escaped from Japan.

#1 10 months ago
  2. CyberMarco

#2 10 months ago
  3. Blue Oni

This series has some of the most badass weapons ever made in a game.I hope GE2 comes in the west soon!

#3 10 months ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

#4 10 months ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

^ Keep telling yourself that.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

^ Don’t need to.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@1 This isn’t 1997 anymore. Most of the western market doesn’t care squat about those kinds of games anymore.

The Vita is a great piece of kit, but it simply isn’t what the market wants.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@Da Man I would love to continue playing this “no you game” but i am bored of you now, so i am just going to ignore you/cut you off.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

@Michael
    Noted.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

@Da Man Yawn.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Ireland Michael

@15 Responding isn’t ignoring,

I’m sure you know what the phrase “adding fuel to the fire” means.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

Yep.

#12 10 months ago
  13. JGMR

@1 Yep. The success and reception of Persona4 Golden alone should send a message.

#13 10 months ago
  14. JGMR

#14 10 months ago
  15. CyberMarco

Hello…

“I have a question, can I play a game on my PS Vita with someone who has a PSP via game share, and vice versa?”

#15 10 months ago
  16. Lengendaryboss

@CyberMarco
    Cross-platform play is supported on PSP and PS Vita via ad-hoc infrastructure no online Cross-platform play (a site says its possible through PS3 not too sure about it from that end).

#16 10 months ago
  17. Ireland Michael

@20 A niche title selling moderately well (but nowhere near well enough for most high profile games to make a profit) doesn’t send any message at all, especially when its the exception, not the rule.

#17 10 months ago
  18. JGMR

A game that wasn’t marketed and still holds a second and sometimes first position in the PSVita sales-chart in my country does actually say a lot.

#18 10 months ago
  19. CyberMarco

@Lengendaryboss

Actually I was referring on PSP games in general. I was able to game share my Tekken Dark Resurrection with my friends PSP who didn’t have the game. Is this still possible with the PS Vita and vice versa?

#19 10 months ago
  20. Lengendaryboss

@CyberMarco In fact this is present on the PS Vita store in the fine print on all games. One time fee on up to two downloads on supported portables, If its a PSP game compatible on PS Vita you can share on PSP or PS Vita, Native titles up to two PS Vitas. So yeah you can share games just a limit thats present.
    Hope this helps.

#20 10 months ago
  21. CyberMarco

@28 Again not an answer at my question! :P

I’m asking for the game share, like I have a whole game (e.g. LBP Vita) and I can give it to a friend through my account, like you can share games on the PS3.

To make you an example. With my UMD copy of Tekken, I could play local multiplayer with a friend who had a PSP but didn’t have a copy of the game (nor physical nor digital). No accounts swapping and nothing like that. I could go in the game’s menu and could select “game share” and he would receive the needed data so we could play 1vs1. So what I’m asking can this be done for PSP games (and if PS Vita games support this) with the PS Vita, can I have a mulptiplayer match with a friend on a PS Vita by game-sharing the game from my PSP, and vice versa, if the PS Vita owner has a digital copy of Tekken can he game-share the game with my PSP?

I hope I cleared it up. :D

#21 10 months ago
  22. Lengendaryboss

@CyberMarco
    Oh thats what you meant, can’t help you then. I don’t see that option available on the games i play.

#22 10 months ago
  23. CyberMarco

@Lengendaryboss

Ok thanks for your help, I’ll ask around and tell you if I’ll find out anything.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Lord Gremlin

I need a european release… Because I got GE Burst on Vita, from EU store, and it’s a savegame with 100+ hours of gameplay and tons of maxed out gear for import.
    They will probably release it here, like Tecmo is releasing Toukiden, I just hope delay won’t be too big.

#24 10 months ago
  25. bakagami

I love how there is always that one troll who’s shows up in the comment sections of Vita topics just to talk crap. Like they enjoyed the initial controversy surrounding the PSVita’s release so much that they decided to make a career of it.
    Disclaimer:
    Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, or currently talking crap in this forum is purely coincidental

#25 10 months ago