E3 2013: VG247 Video Diary – Part One: an idiot abroad

Saturday, 8th June 2013 20:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

VG247 is at E3 2013 this year. Pat has landed in Los Angeles, or so he has told me, and so has Sam Clay – as you can see in the video below.

Watch as Sam packs, talks about things, shows off a very posh seat on Virgin Atlantic, and gives you a quick look at his hotel’s swimming pool.

The boys are off in the land of sun and fun while I slave away in gloomy, rainy Kentucky on a half dead keyboard; Dave types his fingers to the bone in foggy Scotland, and Brenna – well she is in Australia so it’s always lovely there – even in winter, or so I’ve heard.

Also, the “idiot abroad” bit came from Sam – not me, so I am not really taking the piss. Then again, maybe I am. I do love that show though.

Anyway, enjoy.

1. dex3108

Nice :D I can’t wait to see more :D

2. Lengendaryboss

Good stuff prepare For E3 the One to decide it all for the future of next generation consoles, its either all for One or One For All.

3. mongbatstar

Change all the passwords while they’re gone – they’ll never leave you alone again. Or fire you, I forget which.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 – :D Honestly, I am very pleased I am not in LA. I have no desire to go to E3. Ever.

5. DSB

That woman in the metro looked like Sam was pointing a gun at her.

Of course we can only guess at what was going on behind the camera at the time.

6. mongbatstar

@5 It’s the Underground, she probably thought he was filming her for his sex tape.

7. GwynbleiddiuM

Just felt thanking everyone at VG247 beforehand for what I know will be an excellent E3 coverage. Thanks guys we appreciate it.

@5 Maybe she knew Sam from before and she was shocked and terrified to see him and she didn’t knew which exit would be the fastest way to GTF away from him. :D What did you do Sam? What did you do?!

8. NocturnalB

Steph, Dave, and Brenna! Batten down the hatches and hold on to your asses! It’s about to be one longggg 4 day stretch. Thanks ahead of time guys and gals!

9. KineticCalvaria

I watched the vid just to skip to the underground part, ha, that woman’s face is priceless!

Sam did you get your winkle out again?

10. Yoshi

Quite fun video actually :p Only thing I’ll say is, when talking to the camera, keep the camera above the nose. Below the nose is never a flattering view :p

11. CyberMarco

Oh man! I’m so jealous right now. I want to go for a trip too! Doesn’t matter where, just go! Damn exams! :( Can’t wait for summer holidays! :D

Have fun guys and girls and thank you for providing a really great coverage of E3 again. As always, VG24/7 will be the place to go for the best entertainment of the net!

Cheers! :)

12. heroes159

Oh Man.. I really hope one day i will be able to Travel to US to watch E3. My Bro & Dad Coming to US this year. But theres still no chance for me. :( Hopefully in a year or 2. Hopefully I will get Green card :D

Awesome Video.. Hoping to see more.

13. polygem

no drugs, girls, alcohol. only coverage counts. counting on you sam…3…2…1…

hope you got a dogsitter…

14. scratchy69

Now I know where the magic happens, eh Sam!