Zelda Wii U to bring ‘unexpected elements’, says Aonuma

Friday, 7th June 2013 09:50 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda Wii U will bring new, ‘unexpected elements’ to the table, according to director Eiji Aonuma.

Currently working on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, Aonuma told ONM, “The new game (A Link To The Past 2) will play very differently to the original. I think the new additions will make players see the game in a different way. And, of course, we’ll introduce even more unexpected elements in the Zelda game that we’re making for Wii U.”

It’s a scant quote, but it’s nice to see the Wii U game acknowledged. Are you pumped for it? Let us know below.

Meanwhile, a new Smash Bros Wii U trailer has been confirmed for Nintendo’s E3 web-stream next week.

Thanks Nintendo Life.

1. gameon

An ‘unexpected element’ for me would be a Zelda game that is actually fun to play. Never understood what all the fuzz is about, Zelda = crap.

#1 1 year ago
  2. naffgeek

@1 = troll

#2 1 year ago
  3. gameon

Nope. Never finished a Zelda game, tried several. Just don’t like them.

#3 1 year ago
  4. naffgeek

@3 They have never been my favourite games but I can see the appeal.

stating Zelda = crap is just daft.

At least put Imo after it.

#4 1 year ago
  5. gameon

Ok, imo.
    Happy now?

#5 1 year ago
  6. The_Red

Well said. I’m not a Zelda fan either and in fact have found any post Link to the Past Zelda game to be rather boring (With the exception of Wind Waker) but that doesn’t make the whole series “crap”. I don’t like racing simulators like GT and Forza but only because they are not for me.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Bomba Luigi

Well, I guess he just didn’t point out clearly that this is just his Opinion. That can happen.

I wonder what they will do with the new Zelda for WiiU. Some Changes are good Thing, but when you change the Forumula too much it ends like Resident Evil. To some degree you have to respect your Roots and what made the IP so Big.
    But I’m optimistic. When it comes to Software Nintendo normaly does a good Job.

#7 1 year ago
  8. backup

it’s same game with another game

#8 1 year ago
  9. OnionPowder

The Zelda series is definitely one of my favorites so just to see that they’re working on new titles is exciting to say the least. Hopefully the Wii U version can improve over the horrible Skyward Sword.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Sini

Don’t hurry and keep making it better, I have no interest in buying wii u till it hits $99.

#10 1 year ago
  11. viralshag

I’ve never played a Zelda game in my life…

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

The only Zelda I’ve played was 2 on the NES. I wasn’t impressed. I’ve been told that I did play the black sheep of the franchise, though. If Nintendo ever go third party or if they suddenly get 18 more absolutely must-have Wii U exclusives, maybe I’ll get to try one.

#12 1 year ago
  13. DrDamn

When are we expecting Zelda U? I assumed with Wind Waker HD coming this year Zelda U would be next Christmas (2014).

@The_Red
    +1. Some people seem to equate something which they don’t like and something which is crap. It’s different. To me saying something is crap is an implication that everyone else should also find it crap. There are plenty of popular games I may well not like, but are clearly not crap – just not my cup of tea.

#13 1 year ago
  14. OnionPowder

@11 Please do yourself a favor and play A Link to the Past.

#14 1 year ago
  15. gameon

No, that is not correct. In my first sentence I use the words ‘for me’, so that means something for me, not everyone else. This implies opinion, not fact. In the second sentence I use the word ‘understood’, that says something about me not understanding something, that implies that I acknowledge the fact that others differ in opinion. The last sentence, what seems to piss you all off, ‘Zelda=crap’ is only there to emphasize my opinion, not stating a fact. Besides that, you only state the exact same what was already said by #4 and #6. So for that my friend, -1 for you.

#15 1 year ago