SEGA announces E3 2013 line-up

Friday, 7th June 2013 17:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

SEGA has announced its E3 line-up, and the firm is bringing five titles to the expo next week. SEGA’s full line-up includes: Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS) out this Holiday; Castle of Illusion (PC, PSN, XBLA) out this summer; Company of Heroes 2 (PC); Total War: Rome 2 (PC); and The Cave (mobile). This will be the first publish showing of both the new Sonic title and the mobile version of Double Fine’s The Cave.

1. OnionPowder

These E3 lineups are nice, but I’m assuming they all still have something hidden to reveal. Hoping for Shenmue to make a shock appearance at the Sony press conference.

#1 1 year ago
  2. backup

wat a terrible line up better they stay home and not attend E3 2013

#2 1 year ago
  3. actuallyisnotafox

dont own a Wii U but Sonic Lost World looks good, and Total War and Company of Heroes have my full attention! ^.^

#3 1 year ago
  4. Fin

Wtf, no PSO2/PSO v2 XBLA?

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

Wait, so Bayonetta 2 is a full Nintnedo game? Also, what about the Yakuza team?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

@The_Red
    The franchise is owned by SEGA (I Think) and Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo, so… The Yakuza Team? better be working on localisations :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

This is getting complicated. Damn Sega for cancelling the original Bayo 2… While the collaboration with Nintendo is great for their systems and fans, I still feel weird about seeing exclusive Bayo and Sonic games on Nintendo’s platform.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@The_Red
    Its weird others feel hatred towards Nintendo although i can see why and at the same time cannot without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 wouldn’t have existed but your taking away a game that existed on other platforms one of which wasn’t your own, although at some-point only when SEGA wants to those games will come eventually to other platforms.

#8 1 year ago
  9. DSB

@7 Yeah I agree, that’s a bit of a weird twist. It stabs 7 year old me in the heart.

It’s a bit of a risk too. SEGA has a legacy on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube, but Nintendo are notoriously bad for third parties. It’s not an obvious goldmine.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Erthazus

SEGA so far is fantastic PC publisher and Nintendo whor…guy.

Company of heroes 2 and Total War 2. Come on. Epicness.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

@Erthazus
    Ha :) :D

#11 1 year ago
  12. The_Red

@Lengendaryboss
    I really did hate Nintendo during the first few hours of Bayo 2 announcement but then realized that it is Sega who is responsible for original cancellation of the game and it is Nintendo who I should be thankful for bringing it back from the dead.

@DSB
    My god, if my 7 year old version was here, he would have had a fatal heart attack (I was a HUGE Sega fanboy back then and still consider Genesis / MD to be the best console ever made. With that said, Sega has done everything in their power to lose my interest outside Japanese titles).

I do hope that they succeed though. The other consoles have fully abandoned the cartoony mascots (Sony’s Jak & Daxter and Crash are gone and MS was always about space marines). While it truly is risky, Wii U could becoming the home of lost mascots. Hell, Capcom could have brought Mega Man here if they didn’t hate him so clearly.

#12 1 year ago
  13. DSB

@12 Haha, I was exactly the same. Nintendo owners were the scum of the earth.

Funny how some people grow out of thinking that way :P

#13 1 year ago
  14. CyberMarco

Sonic Lost Worlds – WiiU gameplay

Sonic Lost Worlds – 3DS gameplay

I have to admit that the game looks really gorgeous for a handheld game.

#14 1 year ago
  15. dizzygear

Well there goes my hope of ever seeing PSO2 in English.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Lengendaryboss

@Dizzygear Never lose hope, it may not be announced yet, wait till E3.

#16 1 year ago