Dying Light trailer blends parkour and zombies

Friday, 7th June 2013 11:07 GMT By Dave Cook

Dying Light has received a new trailer courtesy of Dead Island developer Technland. The clip shows parkour skills, zombies and survival horror. The first-person romp is being published by Warner Bros. and it’s heading to PlayStation 3, PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One in 2014.

1. tCruzin

I like this, will be looking out for more info.

2. NinJe

I was interested when I read Parkour, then lost interest when I read zombies. Mirrors Edge + Zombies. zzzZZZz

On a positive note – the main CG character looked good. That is all.

3. A2ra3l

I think it sounds awesome, The only thing I didn’t like about mirrors edge was the fact that the guards could just shoot you. I can just imagine the near misses and general tomfoolery of toying with the zombie to see how close you can get without them grabbing you.

I have beeen a fan of Techland since I picked up a little gem called Chrome on ebay for $2 years ago. Their games aren’t perfect but they are always fun so I look forward to what they do with this

4. Peetry

Unusual that they’d use the same Woodkid song for their debut trailer as Ubisoft used for the Assassin’s Creed 3 debut trailer. Great song mind you but it it immediately reminds of the slightly disappointing experience I had with AC3.

5. undermyrules

Mirrors Edge + Dead Island = winnnn

6. The_Red

I don’t understand the need for CG. Dead Island had a misleading trailer that had nothing to do with gameplay but based on previews, this is EXACTLY what Dying Light is about.

Combine that with super positive reactions about visuals (GiantBomb’s Jeff call it sweet looking while other previewers like Eurogamer’s have said it looks really nice) and answer this question: If it is a good looking next-gen game about parkour with zombies, why not show the beauty via gameplay?

7. luv1138

Very similar to ‘Into The Dead’ iPhone/Android app by PikPok

8. absolutezero

Brink + zombies.

As bad as that sounds. Also Woodkid is terrible. heh just read #4, Ubi also used Woodkid to promote AC2 Revelations, the song however was Iron which is far better than Run Boy Run.

9. Phoenixblight

Yeah interesting concept until I saw it was the same developer as Dead Island series. Visuals aren’t their problem, its gameplay. Which both Riptide and Dead Island were just copy and paste of TES series just with zombies.

Not holding my breathe for this game.