Square Enix announces E3 line-up

Thursday, 6th June 2013 16:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Square Enix has announced it will be announcing next-gen, current gen, PC and mobile title at E3 next week.

Here’s a list:

Deus Ex: The Fall (iOS / Summer)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Director’s Cut (Wii U / 2013)
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PSV / 2013)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3, PC / August 27)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3 / September 10)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 360 / February 11)
Mini Ninjas (iOS, Android / Available Now)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3, 360, PC / Early 2014)
Thief (PS4, XBO, PC / 2014)

Square Enix will broadcast its E3 presentations live. Dubbed “Square Enix Presents,” the presentation will “offer a diverse and user-friendly range of programming aimed at sharing unique perspectives with Square Enix’s global audience.”

Viewers can expect coverage of all key titles in Square Enix’s 2013 lineup posted above, and the event can be watched through YouTube throughout E3′s duration June 11-13.

The firm will also be discussing the “future of Final Fantasy” on June 11.

1. YoungZer0

So … no surprises?

#1 10 months ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

Only one next gen game?

#2 10 months ago
  3. Dave Cook

Don’t forget that the next core Final Fantasy has been tipped for the show as well. I’m very keen to see what it is.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Djoenz

Versus :(((((
    Eet wass thee reesonn eye boughtt meee pee ess treee.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Froseidon

@2 That surprisingly doesn’t bother me, as I don’t feel like picking up next-gen as soon as they come out. Same reason I was happy with Fable HD announcement. Although, I did want Thief but meh, it’ll just be down in price when I do pick up next-gen :D

#5 10 months ago
  6. Edo

I have to say I am even more intrigued by Murdered:Soul Suspect after seeing this video http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/06/why-murdered-soul-suspect-is-the-most-refreshing-game-of-e3
    (includes gameplay and new info).

#6 10 months ago
  7. TheLastDodo

Square Enix should probably be the last to go full steam ahead into next gen development with their recent track record of commercial “underperformers”.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Tavarish

Deus Ex: The Fall (iOS / Summer)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Director’s Cut (Wii U / 2013)

These two jewels make me sneer. The Fail debacle can be seen in yesterdays news and that HR’s Director’s Cut is borderline insult for us who purchased that game on PC or other consoles.

Director’s Cut contains WiiU exclusive content. Re-designed bosses so they better fit into what people expect from Deus Ex, new content / missions and other gameplay improvements. Key words being “Exclusive for WiiU”.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Sadismek

@6 Yeah, it’s my most anticipated game from Square Enix as well. An interesting and revamped L.A. Noire with a supernatural twist? Count me in. A character resembling John Marston? Fucking day-one.

#9 10 months ago
  10. superjay779

Hopefully they surprise everyone with VS.

#10 10 months ago
  11. salarta

And nothing of value was presented.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Gheritt White

@11: I find it both depressing and hilarious that the guy constantly wanting publishers to try out fresh ideas in new IPs is completely uninterested by Murdered.

Just goes to show…

#12 10 months ago
  13. salarta

@12: Murdered looks like an interesting idea, and under other circumstances I would have bought and supported it. But unfortunately, it’s being published by Squeenix, and Squeenix has ruined so many good things that I don’t think the company deserves money. Now if they announced a Parasite Eve 3 or an FFX-2 do-over without Toriyama involved, or an FF4 sequel that either redoes or undoes the story of FF4:TA (character roster and premise was promising, execution of story was awful), then that would turn around.

Remember Me was in the same boat as Murdered is for me at one point in time.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Gheritt White

Jesus Christ, how old are you? Square Enix (like EA, like Take 2, like Ubisoft) is a company made up of thousands of different people – it’s not all just one guy! Different teams, different ideas, different outcomes.

Grow the fuck up, already, will ya? You’re supremely erudite and I’d love to debate you, but you come across like a 15 year-old butt-hurt fanboy 90% of the time!

It’s a shame, ‘cos otherwise I’d say you were in the top 10 contributors to the comments.

#14 10 months ago
  15. fihar

I thought they were actually doing good as a publisher.
    Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex to name a few.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Edo

@14 “…but you come across like a 15 year old butt-hurt fanboy 90% of the time!” Aaand we’re done.

#16 10 months ago
  17. salarta

@14: Different teams, different ideas, that money all goes to the same company, and that company uses that money to fund more terrible projects that ruin things that used to be good all to satisfy greedy yearnings. The majority of the time, an interesting idea is not worth the cost of seeing yet another great thing torn apart by people that have no understanding or respect for the IPs they’re working on.

And you’re right, it’s not all just one guy. It’s multiple guys, from multiple teams. I may talk about Toriyama, but he wasn’t behind all the projects that do terrible things. If he was, I could have left it at only refusing to buy and play what he makes, which is what I was doing until a couple years ago.

#17 10 months ago
  18. SameeR_Fisher

Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3, 360, PC / Early 2014)

Here I come

#18 10 months ago
  19. Gheritt White

@16: …not that I have anything against 15 year-olds and their butts.

Some of my best friends are 15 year-old butts.

Just saying.

EDIT: Btw… “an interesting idea is not worth the cost of seeing yet another great thing torn apart” – this sentence makes NO SENSE. An interesting idea here isn’t worth supporting because of uninteresting idea there?

What. The Actual. Fuck?

#19 10 months ago
  20. salarta

@19: Extra extra, read all about it, Gheritt White admits to boylove! Also see Dave in a bikini!

EDIT: No, it makes perfect sense. One team of the company makes something good. Okay. Great. The company makes tons of money from that project. What do they do with that money? Surely, some of it might go to another good idea, but more often than not it goes to taking an IP that was an absolute masterpiece in the past and shitting all over it with whatever popular crap is considered necessary to sell it to “modern audiences.” An interesting idea for one game is not worth taking a rusty pipe to something that was excellent until it’s a horrible mockery of what it used to be for another.

#20 10 months ago
  21. Gheritt White

I’ll screw anything with a hole, me.

Not averse to making one if needs be, either.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Edo

@19 You described him perfectly,hence the bolding.

#22 10 months ago