Smash Bros. Wii U trailer to be shown during Nintendo Direct E3

Thursday, 6th June 2013 13:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has promised it will show the new Smash Bros. Wii U game during its E3 Nintendo Direct session June 11. This is according to game director Masahiro Sakurai, who said previously he hopes both the Wii U and 3DS versions would be shown off, per ONM. The Direct session will be one hour long, and starts at 7.00am PST/10.00am EST/3.00pm UK. The firm will keep the feed on its E3 website live as a Pokemon X & Y round table will also be held on the same day. Other games confirmed for the show include 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles.

1. Dragon246

They need to make it awesome and make it fast. Although I doubt it will release this year. We will see though.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Moonwalker1982

I so hope Ninty brings the big guns to this Nintendo Direct. So have 3D Mario with gameplay, announce it for later this year. Show Smash Bros. and that sure seems to be happening. Show Mario Kart, a new Retro Studios game, Monolith’s RPG and end it all with awesome gameplay from Zelda. That would be great. I hope they have nothing but interesting games here, but i’m not expecting an awful lot.

#2 1 year ago
  3. xBASSxMONSTAx

Nintendo will kill it this year with their E3 Nintendo Direct. :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. mistermogul

Am I the only person with zero interest in Smash Bros?

Personally I hope they show off some new games from their lesser franchises like Wave Race, Pilotwings and Excitebike… Come on Nintendo make it happen!

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

Pretty stoked honestly. Looking forward to some gaming focus.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ps3fanboy

sadly this is just YET another remake…

#6 1 year ago
  7. OlderGamer

ps3fanboy +1

So true, what was I thinking?

I need to wait for PS4 because that won’t have any remakes on it, oh wait….

#7 1 year ago
  8. Froseidon

@4 I’d like to see another F-zero game, I think that’d be sweet on either Wii U or 3DS. I do like the Super Smash Bros games, so I’m pretty happy to see this. I really want them to show the new Zelda off as well, think that’d be awesome. Also, Star Fox seems to have died recently T_T I want that back. Last good one was Adventures for NGC (disregarding 3DS re-release of Lylat Wars, as we have had that on N64).

@6 – By that logic, Uncharted 3 is a remake of Uncharted 1. The gameplay is the same, therefore remake.

#8 1 year ago
  9. DrDamn

Nah I tried to like it but never got on with it at all. Not my cuppa. Would love a decent PilotWings U – and by that I mean nothing like the 3DS version.

Not sure Zelda is going to be shown in much detail (at least WiiU wise). They have the Wind Waker HD remake coming this year – they aren’t likely to have that and a proper Zelda U are they?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Froseidon

@9 I think they wanted to show it last year, but said it required more than 3 years to show something, as they were nowhere near done with it yet. By that end, I think we’ll probably see a little teaser ala Skyward Sword teaser sort of thing.

#10 1 year ago
  11. John117

This game might be the only reason I end up buying a Wii U, oh the hours I’ve spent on the N64 and Wii version…

#11 1 year ago
  12. mistermogul

@8 – Ah F-Zero too! Great game but shame I’m so crap at it!

@9 – Yeah a PilotWings U would be superb, though like you say, nothing like the 3DS game which was more like a demo! Gimme the original characters and more than one freakin island to fly around and I’m in!

#12 1 year ago
  13. fearmonkey

@4 – Never got into this type of game………………
    A new Smash brothers….A new Zelda….A new Mario…..A new mario Cart……. Nintendo…..Nintendo never changes……

Does anyone remember the game Jumping Flash on PS1? I would love to see Nintendo make a modern game like that…

#13 1 year ago