Sky has “no plans to sell Xbox hardware,” as part of a Sky subscription

Thursday, 6th June 2013 20:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sky has said it has “no plans to sell Xbox hardware as part of a Sky subscription,” a spokesperson told MCV. The comment was given as a response to rumors from earlier today, which stated the UK broadcaster was working with Microsoft to offer Xbox One consoles along with TV package subscriptions. Sources stated the Xbox One would serve as a set-top box for Sky television, or as a companion device. “We have a longstanding partnership with Microsoft by which we distribute our content via Sky Go and NOW TV on Xbox,” said the spokesperson. “We look forward to continuing to work with them as part of our commitment to giving our customers more ways to watch Sky programming in addition to their Sky+ HD box. “

1. JGMR

It wouldn’t even come into my house, even if I got one for free. Ha!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Well this is truly disappointing i was hoping for this to take advantage of this offer because who buys a Video Game Console for TV shows which is hooked up to a TV with a Sky Box with TV Shows.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Joe Anderson

Moral of the story, don’t listen to MCV. Not sure how many sources they’ve listened to now and got it wrong, think they better change their sources.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ps3fanboy

thank god sky have some sense left in them.. it would have ruined them when the xbone fail.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gekidami

Not even a “We dont comment on rumour and speculation”, just an instant shoot down.

#5 1 year ago
  6. reask

Hey Gek let,s be honest here and face facts.
    You are just a little bit more subtle than the guy above you as far as MS is concerned and always have been a Sonyfanboy and fair enough I say as that is your entitlement.

But guess what I thought today?
    Imagine if both were as good as the present 2 and sales stayed pretty much even.
    I of course mean better consoles but each living up to it,s name.

Could that mean neither would dominate so would have to keep the standard up to keep people on board and things like that.

And I went hey that might just mean better deals, games, services etc for us consumers.
    Then I thought, no maybe not I mean surely the point is to prove who really are the master race as far as gaming goes,I mean the 360 was a flash in the pan and MS just got lucky by duping 70 odd million gamers in to buying it.

I mean cmon here folks MS are evil and Sony are good. Right?

Funny what can come in to your head at times really.
    It,s obvious MS must die to make us gamers safe and sound from there evil intent.

I mean I actually d/l the zombie game earlier which is 360 exclusive (state of decay I think), and I thought yeah this could be good.

But I apoligise for even thinking that I mean how could it be good?

It,s on the 360 ffs and we know that machine is not a whisper on the PS3.
    I really really must stop thinking like this because MS are not in to games at all as we all know.

Yeah die a horrible death X1 and allow the true gamers friend finally show us how good next gen will be without them evil MS money grabbing sods.

#6 1 year ago
  7. zinc

@6, Dude… Why care? Buy what you like & laugh at the haters :)

Ten years from now, will you give a shit what was said here?

#7 1 year ago
  8. reask

Not in the least as I own both and enjoy both.
    You just have to laugh at the old reliable,s sometimes and wonder where there brains are located. :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. zinc

@8, I tend to view VG247 comments section as a big comic book.

Gekidami definatly has a big “S” on his chest, Da Man has got to be a top-level X-Men member…

Just wish they would end their posts with a “KAPOW” sometimes :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. reask

+1.

#10 1 year ago
  11. TrickyAudio

It would properly be a disaster.

What Sky has now on Xbox is fine, just needs some new features.

#11 1 year ago