Sony’s pre-E3 teaser trailer promises new games, interviews & more

Thursday, 6th June 2013 00:25 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony has published a pre-E3 teaser trailer that promises games, interviews and more. The company has also invited PlayStation fans within reach of E3 2013 to attend its press conference – although only the first 40 in the queue will make the cut.

Sony had teased this scheme but made a formal invitation on the PlayStation Blog.

Hopefuls are asked to queue next to the parking lot near the restrooms at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.

The invite says to be there no later than 4:00PM to check in, but given that only 40 fans will be allowed in, expect some diehards to start queueing as early as possible. Parking is available.

You’ll have to be at least 21 to get in, as Sony will be checking IDs.

The conference itself kicks off at 6:00PM PST on June 10; we’ll be there, and reporting in full, of course.

The show will be livestreamed via the PlayStation Blog, PlayStation.com, Ustream, Nico Nico, PlayStation Home, Facebook, Google Plus and directly to PlayStation 3.

The PlayStation Blog teased content from 40 games for PS3, PS4 and Vita, as well as the following specific titles:

• Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream
  • Destiny
  • DriveClub
  • The Evil Within
  • Gran Turismo 6
  • InFamous: Second Son
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Killzone Mercenary
  • The Last of Us
  • Tearaway
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

And here’s a trailer for the event. Just because:

1. ps3fanboy

YAY!.. i got an invite :D

2. Bam007

Since E3 has become a press-only event, it’s good to see major players in the industry do something a little different.

Kudos to Sony. At least they invite the general population and not their own staff to applaud and cheer from the back of the room.

3. superjay779

Ps3 fanboy is going to be way louder than any staff they have there

4. TrickyAudio

You know all those employees shuffled into the Microsoft event the other day and screamed everytime anything at all was mentioned…well ps3fanboy can do that ALONE for Sony.

5. superjay779

I don’t know we’re you guys get your information. Is there any proof that Microsoft hired everybody that cheered. Are you just making it up.

6. Bam007

@superjay – while I can sit with you and say do have a point, so does the few people who were in attendance who tweeted out people in the back of the room are the ones clapping and cheering while the press people were just doing what they were doing and that was not clapping and cheering.

It isn’t confirmation, but you should also just think about it and wonder why the same people cheered at some of the most ridiculous things that were said and shown throughout the reveal.

7. TrickyAudio

I didn’t say paid, I said shuffled ;)

But the amount of “wooing” every time he said the word TV or ‘new experiences’ coupled with the fact it was on their own campus, is abit suspect.

But hey. That’s business right?

8. superjay779

I saw some things that made me cheer. I’m not being paid. How do you know the press didn’t embellish facts or even make stuff up. Most gaming sites I have gone to have been very negative. I wouldn’t put it pass them to embellish. Who knows maybe they actually had Xbox fans at the event. They are out there.

9. superjay779

@ps3 fanboy enjoy the event and take lots of pictures. This will probably be the best day ever for you. Make sure you start a chant of xbox sucks also. It could be like a WWE crowd lol.

10. WENDiGO

@8 Stop trying so hard to defend them. To say the press probably made that up is just ignorance. Don’t let your love for xbox (that’s how it looks) make you blind to the truth.

11. superjay779

@10 yes I’m being ignorant because “the truth” is whatever people tell me to believe. Xbox is the devil. Microsoft only cares about money and Sony only cares about us gamers. They don’t care about making money. Ken Kutaragi never told me to get 2 jobs to get a PS3 because that would sound greedy so it never happened. Maybe he was secretly hired by Microsoft to say that.

12. Fin

I can’t imagine MS hired people, I just assumed they were MS employees.

13. CyberMarco

@11 – Except that gaming is a luxury and not a vital need like food and settler.

14. redwood

@1 do the “holy sh*t” chant when they reveal the ps4 console :D

15. Phil Owen

As somebody who’s been to a few of these things — though not the Xbox One reveal specifically — I can say that the cheering which always annoys the hell out of me is not typically limited to the back of the room.

16. Patrick Garratt

There is general cheering, it’s true. From everywhere. It’s the whooping that gets me.

17. DrDamn

@Pat
    I think it’s the same guy who follows Tiger Woods around and shouts “GET IN THE HOLE!!” every time he tees off – even on a par 5. If only he didn’t follow Tiger *everywhere* maybe he wouldn’t have got into so much trouble ;)

18. Belmont

@Pat

Write every line of Jack Tretton’s words in your liveblog, Promise !

19. Lengendaryboss

Can’t wait.

20. Tech-N9ne

Wait a minute. You guys actually believe @1. That dude is nothing but a lying c*nt, and give PS fan a bad rep, last person Sony would invite.

21. Dragon246

Interesting. I am eager to see how Sony (and MS) plans this through. Blowing the entire load at E3 will not be a sound strategy imo since we have Gamescom and TGS coming up, both shows are very important for Sony.

22. G1GAHURTZ

I just can’t get hyped for the PS4 until they can at least show me that PSN on it is about a bajillion times better than it is on PS3.

If they can at least make it function at the same level as current XBL, it’d be a start…

23. Belmont

@Dragon246

Sony will certainly save some for Gamescom. Microsoft wasn’t a big fan of GC in the past few years. But because of Xbone they are there,probably in full force.
    I also have this theory that Sony will put emphasize on the big Blockbusters at E3 and then focusing more on indie and unique things at GC. Like last year it had rain,Puppeteer and Tearaway.

24. TrickyAudio

@16 YEAHHH!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XBOX!!! USA! etc?

;)

25. Dragon246

@23,
    Yeah, maybe. They will surely push at E3, that is for sure.
    Much more games are announced for PS4 (around 35) than XI (around 16).

26. Moonwalker1982

People are forgetting something. Sony still needs to show their system, they still need to talk about the OS and dashboard. They still need to talk about apps and tv services and we all know that Sony is in the ‘battle’ for the central device for the living room just as much as MS. They will obviously show a lot of PS3 titles, even The Last of Us and god knows why, the game comes out that same week, come on now. I sure do hope that Sony has at least a few damn interesting first party exclusives too, next to Infamous and Killzone.

Wrong. MS has 15 first party exclusives and next to that several third party exclusives. We already know a few from the first party. I’m seeing a lot of third party titles on this Sony list and those are games that will come to X1 no doubt as well. That logic is flawed. I find this whole extremely ridiculous trust in Sony a bit well….crazy anyway. All of a sudden they have everything and X1 won’t have anything interesting…wow. Not nessecarily only talking about the comments on this site, but in general. I hope people are prepared to eat crow.

27. Dragon246

@26,
    Nope. That is the truth as of now. No one knows the future.

“MS has 15 first party exclusives and next to that several third party exclusives.”
    And how many of them would be downloadables and kinect ones? 15 is just a number, and not a big one at that.
    “next to that several third party exclusives”
    Please enlighten me on that. Only rumors galore at this time, no confirmation. Sony also has many of them, according to rumors.

28. CyberMarco

@27 – Is it too much to ask to wait till E3 and don’t go around waving the speculations-flag just to raise another fanboys war?

Geez, patience is a virtue I guess…

29. Moonwalker1982

Of course there will be some casual games in that list, people would be stupid to believe all 15 would be core games. But i bet enough of them are. Third party exclusives is a simple fact. I can’t find the tweet right now, cause there have been so many, but MS has clearly stated in tweets that they have 15 first party exclusives and also several third-party exclusives. It was Phil Spencer that said it, i believe. And he said he feels responsible for the first party ones obvious.

Also there was the editor from CVG a while ago that said he heard about a few interesting third-party exclusives for Xbox One. So there’s that. There’s also the many different sightings lately of Mirror’s Edge 2 and only the Xbox One cover on Amazon kept popping up, same as Dragon Age 3. Now this doesn’t have to mean both are X1 exclusives, but it wouldn’t surprise me if ME2 definitely is. Also don’t forget that EA more or less owes MS an exclusive for allowing Mass Effect 1 on PS3.

30. ysleiro

@27 pardon me but stop being a DUFUS.

The very source you cited (which isn’t official by the way) has listed 14 timed or console exclusives to PS4.

Use your brain man.

31. Dragon246

@28,
    What patience? Just showing what is right now the truth. As I said in the thread, it will be updated. I will be glad if someone posts new game info there. I will compile them then. Unfortunately I wont be available next week.

@29,
    “I can’t find the tweet right now, cause there have been so many, but MS has clearly stated in tweets that they have 15 first party exclusives and also several third-party exclusives.”
    Exclusives have a very broad meaning, early access exclusive, timed exclusive, and THE exclusives. MS, like all others, is bundling them all in one category.I am absolutely not interested in first 2 categories.

Your entire next para is speculation, not facts. We can talk about them after E3. I am not interested in speculations.
    “Also don’t forget that EA more or less owes MS an exclusive for allowing Mass Effect 1 on PS3.”
    Huh? Why? Have you read their contract? Please tell me more about that. When MS exclusivity contract ended, EA probably wasted no time in putting ME1 on PS3. If you think its something other than money, then you are sadly mistaken.

@30,
    What are you talking about?

32. ysleiro

Your link. It has 14 supposed exclusives for ps4. You kept saying it was 30 something.

33. Dragon246

@32,
    Did you read properly?
    “Much more games are announced for PS4 (around 35) than XI (around 16).”
    ANNOUNCED GAMES, NOT ONLY EXCLUSIVES. More games are announced from that point though.

34. ysleiro

#33 and you think those games made by 3rd party devs are going to forgo putting their game on a console with DAMN near equal architecture for the sake of being….. ????????

Your list is BULLSHIT anyway. I looked up a few that supposed were only announced for PS4 and the dev has now revealed the game will come to Xbox and even PC as well.