Diablo 3 out in September on PS3 and Xbox 360

Thursday, 6th June 2013 14:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Diablo 3 will release in September on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Pre-orders are now being accepted in the US, Canada, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. It will retail for $59.99.

Those who pre-order either console version will receive an exclusive in-game item: the Infernal Helm, which grants an experience point boost to any character who wears it, accelerating their progression as they rise in power.

Certain retailers will also offer limited-edition preorder bonuses—check with your local retailer for further information.

Both console versions of Diablo 3 will be fully localized in English, German, French, Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese.

Further release details, including retail availability in Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia, will be announced at a later date.

You can also play single-player or up to four can play via the same-screen through local cooperative play or online over XBL and PSN.

Diablo 3 releases September 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. Gheritt White

Well, I guess there’s no reason for me to finish this on my Mac now, given that it was blatantly tweaked for consoles during its design.

#1 1 year ago
  2. YoungZer0

Oh, I didn’t know they were going to release it for 360 as well. Anyway, glad I can finally play it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. silkvg247

Just before next gen consoles then? Hmm.

#3 1 year ago
  4. The_Red

I don’t care what PC fans think about this. This is THE best version of Diablo 3 for 2 reasons:

1- No always-online DRM (It doesn’t matter how good or bad your game is. If it has always-online DRM it is worth less than dog shit).
    2- It doesn’t sue that disgusting real money auction house.

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

@4: Yep, those are the two reasons why I want to buy it.

#5 1 year ago
  6. OlderGamer

Anyone know if the game is still on track for PS4?

I would rather own it there then PS3 or XB360. And I agree, while I played the PC version thoroughly, I agree that the console version is likely to be the best.

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

@6: Yes, it’s still on track. After all they announced the game during the PS4 conference.

#7 1 year ago
  8. nilo

It was spoted back in May that Diablo III would come to Xbox One

#8 1 year ago
  9. undermyrules

@4 RPG are meant to be played on pc even DRM cannot stop that if you can see the sales of Diablo 3…your argument is invalid sir.

#9 1 year ago
  10. OlderGamer

Awesome YoungZ. I have been out of touch with all of the current latest bits of news. We have a medical crisis here at home. Keeps me busy.

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

@10: Medical crisis? :? Hope you all get well soon.

#11 1 year ago
  12. polygem

yeah, all the best og!
    already wondered where you´re at…

i will definitely get this game – cannot wait – but i would also prefer a ps4 version. controller looks sweet.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Fin

Sweet can’t wait!

Few days after Rayman, two weeks before GTA. Gonna have to put in some serious gametime.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Stephany Nunneley

Two MP shots have been added.

#14 1 year ago
  15. ArcticMonkey

I might get this for PS4, never once played a Diablo game.

#15 1 year ago
  16. hitnrun

<- Claiming credit for calling a 4-system day-and-date multiplat release back when fanboys were cheering/flaming ActiBlizzard over the PS4 announcement. It looks like I got the day-and-date wrong. They couldn't even wait until the new consoles came out. Probably a good move as it'll give the last-gen titles a couple months to sell on their own.

It's 2013. If they don't advertize that it's absolutely an exclusive, it's not an exclusive. And even if they do, it's probably not (see: timed exclusives; JRPGs).

Also, Diablo is fun on console, and arguably better. Yes, I said it. Yes, it's true. I played Diablo 1 on the PS1 and the PC and the controls are more fun on console than carpal-tunnel Diablo. There's less precision but you're more nearly immersed in your character's movement and almost all actions in Diablo are directional anyway.

Throw out the DRM and the real money crap and I'll buy this day 1, whereas I skipped it on the PC. Hell, they should release it on the PC, too. Who cares if that doesn't make sense? It's Activision. Go get dat $$$.

#16 1 year ago
  17. The_Red

Don’t get me wrong. I love PC and believe games like Diablo 2 and 3 are better on PC but IF playing on PC means dealing with always-online DRM and having something like real money AH, then that PC version can go fuck itself. If a console game gets always-online DRM and stuff like that, it too will be worth less than a POS.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Cobra951

Someone needs to test this by yanking the ethernet cable out of the (fat) Xbox, and playing offline SP for several days. If it doesn’t quit working, then I’ll consider looking at it.

#18 1 year ago
  19. adambroun

I found Bible of Diablo 3. There is everything about the game.

#19 11 months ago