Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition heading to PC in August

Wednesday, 5th June 2013 15:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Konami has announced Castlevania: Lords of Shadow- Ultimate Edition will be released on PC in August.

The title will be released digitally and physically, contains the full game, two add-on chapters, and the following advances:

New Features: Reverie and Resurrection content. It also boasts enhanced 1080p HD graphics, runs at a solid 60 frames per second via recommended spec, and offers trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
    New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves in the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
    New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills within this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away obstacles.
    New Titan Battles: Conquer behemoth enemies of terrifying size, where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
    New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, barren forests and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition arrives on Steam on August 27 and at retail on August 30.

1. Edo

Fuck yeah,thnx for this awesome news Steph :) .

#1 1 year ago
  2. alexfranco60

no love for PS3? :(

#2 1 year ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I am pretty damn excited myself! :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

Always wanted to give this game a shot. Is it any good? I liked the 2D Castlevania games. I was not a fan, but I liked them. LoS misses the gothic art-direction I always liked about those games, that’s why I missed out on it.

So my question again, is it any good?

#4 1 year ago
  5. SameeR_Fisher

@4: it is amazing, over the top FANTASTIC, I loved it more than Bayonetta, God of War, and Devil May Cry.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

If it wasn’t for the silly dodge mechanic (why wasn’t it on the right stick?), I’d even go as far as to say this was better than God Of War.

If you played/liked/loved Super Castlevania IV or any of the games previous to that, then you’ll love it. If you’ve only ever played Symphony of The Night and its sequels, you’ll like it slightly less… but you’ll still like it ‘cos it’s a GREAT game.

#6 1 year ago
  7. SplatteredHouse

owowowowow! :D Such great news. I cannot wait to replay this, and in the event it’s your first time and you’re interested – my advice is simply do not hesitate to check this superb game out!

Reminder: Konami’s pre-E3 show will be streamed online tomorrow. :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. xino

it’s the same game on ps3 but with included DLC:/

so no need. i want my LoS 2

#8 1 year ago
  9. loki

total facepalm another PC port from idiots for idiots. Looks like Konami
    like lose money, spend them on torrents users

#9 1 year ago
  10. 2-K

@9 People said the same about the dark souls PC version and it sold over 300K Digital Copies

#10 1 year ago
  11. DreamCleaver

Great news, I take it? I have never played a Castlevania game before.

Some vertical synchronization would be nice, TBH. And the texture quality is very… console-ish, to say the least. I’m disappointed.

Gameplay is still much more important than graphics, though!

#11 1 year ago
  12. TheWulf

This could very well be something I’m interested in, it looks more colourful than the usual fare.

Thanks for being a constant reminder that console users have “Master Race” pricks too, who’re every bit as bad as the PC ones.

And I don’t like either. They’re all obnoxious farts.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Osric

This is great. I’m selling my PS3 copy for getting it (even though it was a present, LOL).

#13 1 year ago