DuckTales: Remastered to be released through various digital outlets on PC

Tuesday, 4th June 2013 20:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom has announced DuckTales: Remastered will be released on PC through Steam, Origin, Impulse, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming and “numerous other places” in the digital PC space. It will run you $14.99 and will launch “within or around same window” as the PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 versions.

1. TheWulf

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA –

*breathe.*

– AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I wasn’t sure for a while there whether they’d release this on the one platform where it’s absolutely guaranteed to sell like hotcakes (the one where people are still using emulators to play old NES games). Now that I know it is, I can run around telling EVERYONE about this.

If it sells well, hopefully they’ll do more of this. Modern reboots of old games that I’m no longer good enough to play are certainly very, very, very welcome. With those shiny graphics especially.

And man, I loved that trailer.

Yaaay.

2. ps3fanboy

this will be the hot topic on piratebay… they should have released it as disc version for the consoles only. live and learn capcom!

3. Pytox

awesome :D

4. zinc

£500+ gaming rigs & orgasms over HD re releases of old console games…

PC gamers. funny bunch.

5. Old MacDonald

5: Are you for real?

6. zinc

@6, *pinches arm* Er… yes?

7. Gronke09

WIsh this also came for the VITA

8. TrickyAudio

I want this on the Vita :(

9. TheWulf

That attitude puts you in the same elitist group as the PC “Master Race” pricks. In other words: No decent person is going to like you, and you’re probably a virgin.

I had to say that. I feel better now.

Eh. One does what makes one happy. The fact of the matter is is that the next generation of consoles are going to be that price anyway, and you’ll still get gaming computers that’ll be competitive with XBox One hardware for over a hundred quid less.

And I have broad tastes — I play emulators and I play the latest releases (when they interest me). So a remake of a game I loved in my youth, and loved playing on an emulator? Yes, I’d like that.

The fact of the matter is that emulators can often make things look as good as you remember, not just as good as they actually were. The PSone emulator is spectacularly good at that, as an example. So you can dig out your old games and make them shine again. It’s a way to replay games in the best possible way until remakes happen.

Fact of the matter is is that old games are sold via things like the Virtual Console, but they’ll never look half as good as on a PC via an emulator. I’ve kept many of my PSone and Dreamcast discs around just to play them on emulators on my PC because they look and feel better than on their machines of origin.

So, yeah. That’s the lovely thing, really… if you want old games polished up to look like something new, or new games modded to your liking, the PC can do either. And that’s why it’s my platform of choice. Prior to now, I could understand why someone would opt for a console — because consoles were cheaper than computers. But this new generation is going to change all that.

10. TheWulf

Also, you’re underselling it with the ‘HD’ thing. Man, HD has become a buzzword for everything these days. Just slap ‘HD’ on something and it’s immediately better! HD beef! HD aspirin! HD pillows! …but I digress.

The draw here is that they’ve modernised it. They’ve made the gameplay less punishing, and they’ve completely redrawn all of the art. That’s not what HD means. HD is purely a resolution thing. If this was simply a resolution update, I’d be playing it on a NES emulator and getting a better resolution anyway. So it’s not about that.

11. ps3fanboy

@10 I did have sex with your mother last night. while you was at sleep in your man cave. I had to say that, i feel better now.

ps. i also drank your mountain dew and ate your doritos..

12. zinc

@11, No, i get it, was being dickish & apologise etc etc.

I’m getting all soppy over the Fable Anniversary edition & thats the same thing.

I hear this Duck Tales game is actually good? I’d no idea.