The Last Guardian appears on official E3 2013 site, new trailer mentioned

Monday, 3rd June 2013 10:08 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last Guardian was listed on the official E3 2013 site, but now Sony has doused the rumour fire by saying the entry was made in error.

UPDATE: It now appears that someone at E3 Insider jumped the gun on this one, as a Sony rep said in a statement to Eurogamer, “The page on the ESA site is speculative I’m afraid.”

Oh well. We’ll keep our eyes peeled just in case.

ORIGINAL STORY:

E3 Insider – which is the official magazine of the show – has posted the following on its Sony’s pre-E3 show hub:

The last we heard of the game, Sony Santa Monica Studio denied that it was involved in the long project. Check out what they had to say here.

Thanks NeoGAF.

1. dex3108

Also GTA V for PC, Brother in Arms Furious 4 (it is not BiA game anymore) and other nonsenses are there. Just ignore them.

2. backup

hahaha PC gamers dreaming about gta 5

3. YoungZer0

4. manamana

I believe it, when I see it.

5. redwood

@dave why dave? why do you have to play with my emotions like that..

6. Dragon246

And long missing Warriors Lair (PS3/Vita) is also mentioned.

Ironically, we will see 2 of PS3s missing triumvirate of excluives – Versus (next FF will debut at Sony E3 reveal) and TLG at E3, only Agent is missing now.

7. NiceFellow

Mistake! Fuck cut me a break here and update us on where this title’s at Sony!

8. redwood

Please give us a demo.. or a date.. something…aaaanyyyything!

9. Moonwalker1982

Do you guys think if that this game hasn’t been turned into vapourware yet, that it’ll still come for PS3?

10. Ireland Michael

@9 Why would it be? They’ve said countless times its still in production.

11. Dragon246

@9,
    Yup. Probably.
    Unlike MS which changed Ryse from 360 to One.

12. DrDamn

I’d like to hear that it’s been switched to PS4 officially. Though that may well put a near release out of the question.

13. Clupula

I will be absolutely overjoyed if they keep it PS3. Putting it on PS4 would be the biggest bullshit “fuck you” to PS3 owners, ever.

14. RandomTiger

@13 If only the PS3, agreed, especially as they are about to announce a bunch of games they need us to believe are coming from the PS4 (not the PS5).

However I think it would be cool if they released on both.

15. Clupula

I can’t see Sony putting their own titles on both PS3 and PS4. Their games exist to sell their hardware. I think they know you can’t sell a system by putting the game on a system people already own.

The PS4 titles will be new stuff that we, as of yet haven’t heard of.

I say “as of yet” because there’s still a week to go and Sony are notorious for having 90% of their stuff leaked before E3.

16. polygem

@13: i see where you´re coming from but there is so much great stuff coming to ps3. last of us, dark souls2, beyond, dragons crown. sure, this game was announced for ps3 aaaages ago so i can really understand if people will be disappointed if it will only release for ps4 (i will probably buy one at launch) but it could become a real system seller for them. in these tough times, with tough competition, i could easily forgive that move, i could understand the decission behind it and it would feel much less like a rip off to me than tvbox, drm, haloTV etc. i mean it´s not like there´s no support for ps3 atm unlike the 360…but yeah, it would kind of suck for people who waited for it, maybe even bought a ps3 just to play the damn game on the thing finally, only to find out that it wont even make it to the ps3 now.

17. tenthousandgothsonacid

@13 They’ve already said it’s held up with ‘technical issues’ on ps3. I’m guessing they (memory etc) would vanish on ps4.

Even though I bought a ps3 for tLG I’d rather have it on ps4 then never.