State of Decay marches into Xbox Live on June 5

Monday, 3rd June 2013 21:46 GMT By Debabrata Nath

State of Decay, the open-world zombie survival game by Undead Labs, will be releasing on June 5 for XBLA, the studio’s announced today.

The game will see players fortify a home base, allowing them to perform raids in order to acquire food and ammo, as well as rescue other survivors. It’s set in a dynamic open world that changes in real-time and the decisions you make in the game has an impact on its developments.

It’ll cost you 1,600 MSP. A PC version of the game is also in development but the studio didn’t share a release date as yet. You can watch a trailer of the game below.

1. KineticCalvaria

Hasn’t had much marketing… usually not a great sign.

Hoping this’ll be great fun though.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Phoenixblight

Extremely small company. Its not going to have the money for marketing. There are plenty of gameplay footage over the last few months and for 20$, it is pretty solid.

#2 1 year ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

@2, I’m not talking CoD sized marketing, I just mean I haven’t heard alot regarding this game for a while now. I should think it’ll be good seeing as though it’s Jeff Strain and I love Guild Wars 1, but still don’t know enough about this game to have high hopes for it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Oynox Slider

Looking forward to that one since months. But the price is quite hight. I guess, I’ll wait for a DotW…

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

@2: Isn’t microsoft publishing this game?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Phoenixblight

Microsoft Game Studios does in fact publish it but they are only going to give money for development. Its up to the studio if they want to use the money for development on marketing.

Very much like EA partners does marketing only this is for an Indie studio so even less money is involved.

#6 1 year ago
  7. manamana

Check out part1 of 3 IGN play videos and judge by yourself, but I think it’s totally awesome for an XBLA game and worth the steep 1600points. Seeing that my 360 must last a couple of years more, I’m in.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Silent Killer01

Multiplayer?

#8 1 year ago
  9. For Blood

They have stated they may add multiplayer later on.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Bloodyghost

I really wonder why MS hasn’t done any marketing on this. It’s a pretty beefy game purchase and at that price you have a lot to lose if you can’t make your self apparent to an audience. This isn’t Minecraft XBLA, and can get away with such a price tag because of the name, studio and marketing done.

It’s an interesting title but I would of liked to hear more. As one who follows gaming news I haven’t heard about this game for awhile.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Moonwalker1982

It looks rather clunky, the animations and the combat and 1600pts is still quite some points. It depends on how long and how good the game is of course, otherwise it could be worth those 1600pts easily. Will definitely give the trial a good spin.

#11 1 year ago
  12. POOP CRUSTY

Ahhhhh! Been waiting for this game since 2010. So glad to see it release!

#12 1 year ago