More details have emerged regarding Ubisoft Reflections’ next game, a racing title known as “The Crew”.
The game, which was outed via a report on The Examiner, has a ton of new information thanks to a playtester who has apparently decided to reveal his impressions about the game.
- The Crew is expected to play similar to Ubisoft Reflections most recent racer Driver: San Francisco, with a semi-arcade style of racing.
- As with Driver: San Francisco, The Crew will be open world with the ability to travel between New York City and Los Angeles, though the scale of these cities has been reduced.
- It is not clear whether you will travel through wilderness to reach each city or whether the game will simply load in each area.
- The Crew will also feature a similar ‘Google Maps’ style mechanic, presumably for navigating the open world.
- A ‘Freeride’ mode will be available too, which the option to choose between missions or challenges.
- Multiplayer will feature 8 players in either competitive or co-operative gameplay, though no more specific details were provided.
- As is the case with Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs – and presumably many of the publisher’s next-gen games – The Crew will come with a companion app for mobile devices.
- It is presumed that The Crew’s release date will be before the end of 2013, presumably to tie into a next-gen release. With such a close release date, it’s safe to assume The Crew will be announced at E3 2013.
- According to the source of these details, The Crew was played on the Xbox 360 version of the game.
The playtester’s claims find some credibility as the Twitter account of GamesLab Ubisoft recently posted a tweet confirming that a playtest for a game indeed took place between May 29 and May 31. To add fuel to the fire, it also stated that Ubisoft was looking for racing game fans to take part in the trial.
Ubisoft recently announced its E3 line-up of games. However, it looks like we might be seeing more than just the mentioned games from the publisher.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.