Deus Ex: The Fall teased by Eidos Montreal

Monday, 3rd June 2013 14:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Deus Ex: The Fall has been teased on Twitter by Human Revolution developer Eidos Montreal.

Deus Ex: The Fall was first mentioned when trademark filings surfaced back in March. Check them out here.

What do you think The Fall is? Is it a sequel, or something else?

Thanks CVG.

1. Dark

Meh , Deus Ex HR was the most overrated game i ever played.

2. Malmer

Hope it is a sequel to the excellent Human Revolution.

3. Erthazus

@1, Agree.

but it was still a good experience for one time.

4. FrankWhite

Hoping for another game, DEHR was excellent and I really want to see that team continue to develop and expand that game world.

5. Samoan Spider

Yeah, I’d like to see more of this story they’ve created but would hope that they open the world up a little more. I realise that it’s not ‘open world’ but larger play spaces would be good.

6. PenTaFH

I am hoping it is an entirely new game, sequel or otherwise. Maybe a game that’s more of a direct prequel to the original game, then have them come out with a true remake of the original.

And with true remake, I don’t mean tweaking it for higher resolutions and giving it a slight polish, but actually building the entire game from the ground up again.

I, for one, massively enjoyed the game when it came out. I’ve clocked in two playthroughs on PC, and in between newer games that come out and my Mass Effect-series run that I’m doing together with my girlfriend, I’m also aiming to get all achievements on the Xbox 360.

One thing they could polish up for a sequel is the way stealth is treated. I had no quarrels with the system because I love it when I can plough through a game without harming hundreds of people, but the game was a lot less rewarding if you went violent every so often.

7. Tavarish

@1 Overrated? Depends who you ask from, but I think you can’t deny that DX: HR is really well executed game in the end.

8. Edo

The last one while flawed was certainly enjoyable and if this is a sequel hopefully they have learned from their mistakes(unnecessary and clunky boss fights and week enemy AI).

9. Tavarish

@8 They have admitted that out-sourcing boss fight design and development was mistake from theirs part and caused issues within gameplay and flow. So I would say that for that they have learned theirs lesson.

What game, involving sneaking, has good and competent enemy AI? Don’t even dare to say “Dishonored” because AI in that game is utter joke.

10. rbevanx

Well I liked it but it is very flawed with poor boss battles and a cover system which wasn’t quite right and played up.
    The first two(ish) hours were really bad as well and I could understand why so many didn’t finish it.

It was never a 9 or a 10 out of 10 game like so many said but a 8 because of some of the problems it clearly had.
    It really did my head in on the 360 version when an achievement unlocked and the screen/sound would freeze up for a few seconds killing the scene or set piece for me and others encountered this problem as well.

11. Mus42

I’ll be very happy to see a new Deus Ex announcement next week :)

12. zinc

DLC I bet.

13. fearmonkey

@1 – It was in the running for my game of the year when it released.
    That’s the thing about games, once person’s awesome is another person’s meh. The GTA series for instance, I have never really enjoyed it or finished any of them, but people love the series.

I’m not sure if the timelines are lining up right though. Human revolution was set in 2027, at the end it mentions the D project. Deus Ex started in 2052, Paul supposedly joined Unatco in 2040 when he was 22, so he would have been born in 2018. This means at the end of Human Revolution he would have been 9 years old. The next game, depending on what ending they chose for canon, could be Paul’s story on how he Joined Unatco and teemed with Agent Ana Navarre and slowly found out what he was and who he is, and about his brother, leading up to the events in the first game. That would be my guess, and the title makes sense, as Paul would have been this great hope for Nano agents and then how he fell from their graces.

14. KineticCalvaria

Total recall game incoming! :)