Batman Arkham Origins: Deathstroke DLC may not hit Wii U

Monday, 3rd June 2013 12:36 GMT By Dave Cook

Batman: Arkham Origins developer Warner Montreal is bringing playable Deathstroke DLC to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, but there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding the content on Wii U.

Compiled on NeoGAF, this thread of promo material and box art delivers a mixed message on the matter.

As you can see here, the Deathstroke DLC sticker appears on all versions of the game, apart from the Wii U edition. The pack includes two challenge maps and two Deathstroke player skins.

Meanwhile, the official Warner press release for the DLC reads, “Deathstroke confirmed as playable character in Batman: Arkham Origins challenge mode pre-order now for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC for exclusive early access to the Deathstroke pack

“Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment confirmed that Deathstroke will be a fully playable character in the challenge mode for Batman: Arkham Origins. Fans who pre-order the game for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation3 system or Windows PC will receive exclusive early access to the Deathstroke pack.”

Things get confusing when you head over to Amazon’s product page however, which does like the content for Wii U.

Either way, we’ve asked Warner Bros. for comment and we’ll update you all soon.

Missed the Batman: Arkham Origins trailer? Check it out here.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. The_Red

I don’t think they half assed way Warner I supporting Wii U is doing anyone any good. They did the same with Injustice and I heard a A LOT of negative reactions from people who bought the Wii U version and then were left without proper patches and support (Though DLC could still come).

2. Dragon246

I demand an explanation from Nintendo official guardian angel here !
    :D

3. backup

7th gen consoles getting it but not8th gen Wiiu

4. Clupula

@3 – Only Nintendo believes the Wii U is 8th gen.

5. Lengendaryboss

@Dragon
    No we don’t need another heated debate :D

6. Dragon246

@LB,
    I have lotsa time at the moment. And Francis runs away from me, for obvious reasons :D

7. ps3fanboy

@5 a heated debate is definitive needed, xbone news is lacking at the moment.

8. POOP CRUSTY

Lol talking about DLC already yet this was only announced a month ago… Pathetic game industry…Pathetic.

9. Lengendaryboss

@6+7
    Cool, if not strange.

10. OmegaSlayer

Francis ran away from me, don’t steal the job I’ve done LOL
    Francis is fun, I found him on the tube

11. gameon

DLC sucks, I NEVER pay extra for something that was supposed to be in the full game. So skipping the Wii U as far as concerned for DLC, I think it’s a good thing. They should do that on more platforms.

12. Clupula

@11- Stop being a child.

“Wah. I didn’t want your stupid DLC anyway.”

*kicks dirt, takes ball, and goes home*

13. The_Red

This isn’t just about DLC in my humble opinion. It’s about support. A game like AC3 is utterly broken without patches. Warner already skimmed on most of patch related stuff for Injustice.
    We all know how day-1 patches are becoming a necessity because companies are getting lazier / shipped games are getting more rushed. What if there are game breaking bugs in the disc version? Of course this may be due to the charge for releasing patches which I still think is utterly stupid on any console’s part.

14. Dragon246

@10,
    We can share the honours :D

15. zinc

^ This kind of commentary makes it hard for me to have any sympathy for you when Da Man makes you cry.

16. gameon

Good idea! Just keep supporting the system where they sell you a stripped version of the game at full price and charge you again later for DLC. Just keep buying those ‘extra’ maps for Call of Duty en spend your money on season passes. Good for you!

17. Clupula

@13 – Buy the version that you know will have the patches then. You can’t possibly only own a Wii U.

18. Clupula

@16 – Amusingly, I don’t play Call of Duty games, yet your whiny posts make me want to tea bag you.

That is quite something you achieved there. Now, go change your diaper.

19. gameon

Nah. I’d rather have your mommy change my diaper.

20. ps3fanboy

this is what you will have to deal with when your choice a shitty wii-utanic…

21. YoungZer0

@19: So either you two are brothers or you have so really weird fetish.

22. Dragon246

@15,
    So THAT is your alt account!!
    Yup, makes total sense now.
    This kind of commentary makes it hard for me to have any sympathy for you when discussion about alt accounts makes you cry.

23. Clupula

@19 – Hahahahahaha. Well, personally, I’d say you have horrible taste, but if you’ve got enough money in your bank account, I’m sure the miserable old woman would. Get on that. That’s why she married her last husband.

Not that he wanted her to change his diapers, but because he got rich from constantly suing the Danish government.

24. The_Red

@Clupula
    I don’t have a Wii U. It was related to my first point about releasing 3rd party games for Wii U without proper support. My point is either support the system like the other 2 (360 and PS3 in case of Injustice) or just don’t release it at all for a system that you are gonna abandon.

Of course some will say (not too wrongfully so) that having an unsupported version is better than no version / no game at all but I really think the way Warner is treating Wii U is stupid. Either support it with patch and DLC or just drop the system. Don’t do it half assed.