Monster Hunter 4 hits Japan in September, branded consoles incoming

Friday, 31st May 2013 12:55 GMT By Dave Cook

Monster Hunter 4 will launch on 3DS across Japan in September, Nintendo has confirmed.

During today’s Japan-only Nintendo Direct feed, Monster Hunter 4 was pegged for a September 14 release priced ¥5,990.

Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto then confirmed that two limited edition Monster Hunter 4 3DS XL console designs will release at launch. Here they are:

What do you think? Would you like to see a Western release date confirmed soon?

Thanks Polygon.

1. hives

I want MH4 in EU this year :<

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

I would consider buying a 3DS if it happened, but i know a localisation won’t happen.

#2 1 year ago
  3. orakaa

Pfff… Nintendo is REALLY dumb to region lock the 3DS.
    If they kept it region free just like all their previous portable consoles, I would have bought one. And this limited Monster Hunter edition really looks sweet.

Too bad…

Is there a way to get rid of the region-locking? I am not talking about pirating games, just getting rid of the region lock

#3 1 year ago
  4. hives

@2 – Well, it WILL happen, why N would not bring next MH to Europe? MH3 is quite popular outside Japan, 3DS needs more games like this.

I won’t buy 3DS just for Pokemon & Fire Emblem, I need at least 2 more games… :P

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Replace Nintendo with Capcom.

#5 1 year ago
  6. wowtgp

#6 1 year ago
  7. dreamcastnews

@3 can you even read Japanese….?

#7 1 year ago
  8. mistermogul

@2 – Why not get MH3 on 3DS? It’s already released…

@4 – You should add Donkey Kong CR to your list, it’s genius!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

I want Monster Hunter 4 :D

#9 1 year ago
  10. mistermogul

@9 – Well I’m sure it’ll be released in the west sometime before 2019!

#10 1 year ago
  11. malethief

If we don’t get monster hunter 4 in the US/EU then the next version is sure to come to those areas

#11 1 year ago
  12. orakaa

@7: almost half of my Nintendo DS games were Japanese, not because I can or like reading Japanese, but because those games have never been released in Europe and/or US (and will never be).

And many of those games didn’t need people to be literate in Japanese to be played/understood. I also imported a lot of games from the US.
    With the 3DS, I would be limited to the region where I would buy the console. This is why I haven’t bought one.

#12 1 year ago