US PS Store Update, May 28 – Fuse, The Warriors, The Last of Us pre-orders

Wednesday, 29th May 2013 03:06 GMT By Brenna Hillier

This week’s North American PlayStation Store update is live, offering a couple of decent full games and the chance to pony up early for The Last of Us and its DLC season pass.

The headline news is that pre-orders have opened for The Last Of Us, along with its season pass, but there are a couple of brand new full releases – Fuse and Grid 2.

Mountain Crime: Requital (no idea, but there’s a demo available) and Wolfenstein 3D round out the PSN game section, while The Warriors has arrived as a PS2 Classic and the Vita benefits from the release of a new free app, Imaginstruments.

Plus members score a free copy of Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend on Vita, as well as exclusive timed trials of Fuse and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and a couple of discounts.

On the DLC side, not that there’s a couple of free items for Soul Sacrifice; more details are available on the PS Blog.

Otherwise, there’s new material for God of War: Ascension, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut, Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires, Fuel Overdose, Grid 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Port Royale 3: Ports & Merchants, Resident Evil: Revelations, Rocksmith, and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.

For full update information including avatars, themes, wallpapers, videos, prices and download sizes, pleas visit the PlayStation Blog.

1. salarta

All I saw for Neptunia and Revelations was PSN avatars.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

The Neptunia content is a free thing called Gamindustri’s Mascot. Revelations is a $2 Enhancement Set.

#2 1 year ago
  3. salarta

@2: Huh, I’ll have to look at the PSN store again then just to make sure. I didn’t see anything for a free mascot for Neptunia when I looked, and Revelations I saw no new sets.

Edit: After checking the PSN, I did find them. Both DLCs were mixed right in the middle of several rows worth of “premium avatars” that cost 50 cents each. Thanks Brenna!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Brenna Hillier

No worries. PS Store’s a bit of a nightmare to browse, isn’t it? Much love Sony but for reals, overhaul that shizzle.

#4 1 year ago
  5. salarta

@4: And it’s crazy because the PSN Store used to not suck. Seriously, what genius thought that a scroll wheel for letters to be able to search the network was in any way a good idea? Even using the PS3 controller with the on-screen keyboard is faster, and a USB keyboard used to be actually usable for that search function if you had it hooked up. I can tell they wanted to make it flashy looking, but the trade-off was actual functionality, which is infinitely more important.

I also miss that they used to have a section dedicated to PS One Classics. It’s like they don’t know the first thing about how to organize their collection for purchase, which is strange since they want people to pay money to buy things and all.

#5 1 year ago
  6. CaptPierce

You guys know you can search on the store online and have your downloads queued to the system, right?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

@5 – There is a classics section. It just has PS2 games in it now, as well as PS1 games.

Otherwise, I do agree that the new version of the store is awful.

#7 1 year ago
  8. salarta

@6: I knew about the store existing online now, but I didn’t know you could have your downloads queued to the system. I’ll have to check that out, see if it requires the system on since I have it set to automatically shut off when not in use.

@7: I’ll try to find it again and see if I overlooked it, thanks. I didn’t see that section visible both before and after the redesign.

#8 1 year ago