The Last of Us to have three DLC drops, Season Pass detailed

Wednesday, 29th May 2013 02:44 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Naughty Dog has opened digital pre-orders and detailed a Season Pass deal for The Last of Us, outing plans for story DLC.

Naughty Dog has announced it has plans for three DLC packs at this stage: one is a single-player story pack, and the other two offer additional multiplayer content, including maps.

You can pre-order all three packs in a $20 Season pass, which represents a 30% saving on the price of the individual releases.

The Season Pass also includes a number of bonuses:

• Increased Crafting Speed
  • Increased Healing Speed
  • 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
  • Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

The Season Pass will also be available via select retailers on launch day.

PlayStation Store pre-orders for the June 14 release opened today. Naughty Dog has promised more details regarding multiplayer in The Last of Us will be provided shortly.

1. POOP CRUSTY

Story DLC? For a game of this magnitude?….Don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing….

#1 1 year ago
  2. xBASSxMONSTAx

^its a bad thing. I expected more from naughty dog. :(

#2 1 year ago
  3. fihar

Depends on when the story takes place.
    If it’s a continuation or part of the main story (which I seriously doubt) then it’s not okay.
    If it’s something that has no correlation to the main story and exist solely to flesh out the world, I don’t see why that would be bad.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

Story DLC is great, as long as it’s not one of those “buy the ending separately” packs.

I’m actually kinda happy that there’s single player DLC here, since I will never buy multiplayer DLC. That was one of my biggest complaints about the Uncharted franchise’s DLC. It was never anything that added to the story. I would have loved a pack where I learned more about, say, Chloe when Drake wasn’t around.

I don’t care about fighting random strangers in death matches. So, that’s, at least, one pack I will be getting.

#4 1 year ago
  5. polygem

story dlc can be great if it adds to the main story, if it develops an interesting backstory and makes the main game feel deeper without taking anything away from it.

i don’t think i will be getting this game in june. somehow my personal hype for it faded. maybe that will change again though. i will definitely play it at some point but i never really was a huge uncharted fan either (not saying these are bad games, enjoyed them all, just not on my must play list). i love jak and dax so much more. why can’t we have a daxter survival horror game?

totally into dark souls anyway atm, takes all of my time and more. the souls games are the best games this gen. period. then i plan to play sotc and ico again because they’ll be on plus (maybe i’ll save that for later). then i still have to finish persona 4 golden which i am only halfway through and ni no kuni which i only started, soul sacrifice, only started… dragons dogma too, wanna play dragons crown as well as soon as i can. that’s not the end of my backlog but just leave it there for a moment ok? OK?! when i will be done with all that eventually, we’ll probably have dark 2, diablo, destiny plus some new xones and ps4s to play with…i cannot handle this gaming beast anymore, seriously. how are you guys doing it. i don’t have enough time anymore!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Richenbaum

at least there’s a bit of a new game slowdown with the next gen coming, but no we’ll never get all the way caught up even then. hard times bro. hard times.

#6 1 year ago
  7. polygem

but then, you cannot complain about having too many great games i guess.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Richenbaum

I can and do, just not in public!

#8 1 year ago
  9. polygem

maybe a good idea for a youtube show. GrumpyB4cklogGam3r187.

complaining about the great games i haven’t played yet and what i think of them anyway.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Richenbaum

I’d watch it, but I don’t have time.

#10 1 year ago
  11. polygem

you can always watch it later then

#11 1 year ago
  12. redwood

my reaction to every Last Of Us news

#12 1 year ago
  13. Richenbaum

omg I love that Rick Astley song

#13 1 year ago
  14. Beta

It’s very very unlikely that this will affect the main campaign.

Likely to be a stand alone short story. Rather intrigued by this :)

#14 1 year ago
  15. CyberMarco

No problemo, GOTY edition it is then…

#15 1 year ago
  16. rbevanx

I’m personally hoping the story DLC will show another view of the story rather than focus on the main leads which plays along the main game.

Sort of what Gears of War Judgment did.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Da Man

Yep, Sony fanboys are happy to pay for a few levels and a cutscene.

It’s nothing like new multiplayer maps which take months to master.

Sony fanboys. The retardation of retarded.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Lengendaryboss

@Da Man
    Multiplayer Maps takes months to master? takes me a few days IN FACT if i put my mind to it a few hours.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Da Man

Probably because you don’t play competitively.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Lengendaryboss

@Da Man
    Competitively or co-operatively, the former will take me a few weeks to master the skills everyone has skillfully learned, i guess you can say that it is an ongoing learning approach as people adapt new skills and locations and the latter takes me a few days or few hours.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Da Man

Competitive online to co-op is what Fifa is to blitzball in FFX..

I presume if you play about 10 hours per day, then surely it will take less.

#21 1 year ago
  22. zinc

Competitive multiplayer, needing more skills than single player is often peddled by those with a blinkered view on reality.

The only real difference is that AI enemies rarely rage quit &/or send you abusive messages after you beat them ;-)

#22 1 year ago
  23. Da Man

Very funny. Very.

About as much as passionate hardcore asserting that PS3 isn’t really a pain in the arse, but rather a different machine.

#23 1 year ago
  24. zinc

Your welcome

#24 1 year ago
  25. Clupula

@18 – Why are you giving him attention? My god, did you also talk to the strange man in the trenchcoat offering you candy? Ignore him and he’ll disappear into the ether.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Da Man

Yep, refrain from shattering the mental reality of insane children who think it’s all good.

(On top of that they think they should ignore members registered 4 years beforehand, to make those feel unwelcomed). All that while flooding the board with the same mentally disturbing things you can read on any Sony website.

Oh well, the hardcore.. Forever 12 years old, forever drunk.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Lengendaryboss

@Clupula
    Is there something wrong with “giving him attention?” I’m not sure whats wrong.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Da Man

It’s simple. A Sony fanboy (we won’t be discussing their other personal characteristics atm, such as unemployment or insanity) asserts that single player videogames dlcs are for some obv reason of superior value to allegedly casual, soulless and unartistic online games.

He then tries to paint anyone who mocks his 12 years old attitude as whatever..

Simple as that.

#28 1 year ago
  29. YoungZer0

Thank god we have reality-check-man, we would be so lost without his useless douchebaggery.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Da Man

The Season Pass also includes a number of bonuses:

- Increased Crafting Speed
    - Increased Healing Speed

Surely some hardcore dlc there. Pay Sony, get invincible in their videogame.

More lost than w/o some angry contributions which happen every year with the new wave of passionate hardcore.

#30 1 year ago
  31. POOP CRUSTY

It would be interesting if instead of expanding the story forward by releasing DLC that takes place after the initial story, that they would expand it sideways(make it wider) by telling what happened to so and so while Joel and ellie were doing their thing…

#31 1 year ago