Mirror’s Edge 2: Xbox One mentioned in new retail listing

Wednesday, 29th May 2013 11:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Mirror’s Edge 2 was spotted over on Amazon Germany last week, but now a second retail listing has appeared, this time stating that the game is headed to Xbox One.

This Amazon Italy listing features some knocked-together Xbox One pack art and lists the game for release on January 1, 2020 – which is a place-holder date until confirmed otherwise.

Back in November an ex-DICE developer stated that Mirror’s Edge is in development at the Stockholm studio, while EA’s Frank Gibeau stated that the game is on the publisher’s ‘list’.

E3 2013 is in two weeks. Do you think we’ll know more at the EA conference? Let us know below.

Thanks CVG.

1. KineticCalvaria

@1, Highly doubt it.

But in the very unlikely event that does happen, I’ll punch you, you punch me?

#1 1 year ago
  2. sh4dow

I second that. And considering all the passionate Mirror’s Edge fans, people at MS/EA would do well to hire some decent bodyguards.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

Yeah, this is a game that I don’t see as being popular enough to be a system seller, but popular enough that people will be really annoyed if it’s only on a system they’re not getting.

I played the first one and really liked it before I had to lay down. That was about 45 minutes in.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ps3fanboy

mirrors edge was a good game and the ending was no cliff hang. so i can accept it for what it was and put a closure on the game. it also have been so long now since the release. so if a new game arrive in the series that will be exclusive, to the xbone tvbox. i will have no interest in it with an ease.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

@4, I loved Mirrors Edge, although to be honest I love pretty much every game with free running/parkour.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Joe Musashi

I enjoyed Mirror’s Edge. But the gameplay doesn’t scale very well (level of challenge). The striking visual style was great at first, but by the end of a game full of it I had seen enough.

All in all, I think there was enough in there for one solid game. Making more games could end up diluting what made it so special.

On a side note, it’s kind of hilarious seeing gamers demanding EA stop with making sequels and franchise installments half the time – and then complaining that EA aren’t making a sequel to a game like Mirror’s Edge for the other half of the time.

JM

#6 1 year ago
  7. zoopdeloop

@4 exactly
    same here,i borrowed the first from a friend back in the day.Great game but i don’t know why it felt depressing(to me at least)i couldn’t bare myself to finish it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

@9 – For me, it just made me dizzy. I could never play it for more than 45 minutes before I had to physically stop or I would have thrown up.

I finally just returned it when I got to the third stage/chapter/whatever.

#8 1 year ago
  9. The_Red

If it does turn out that ME2 is real and exclusive to X1, I’ll definitely believe that the universe hates me. Why? Because Mirror’s Edge and Bayonetta are two niche games that I LOVED on current gen systems. Seeing them get sequels, exclusively on systems that I’m not interested in is really something :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheBlackHole

The ‘Deal’ between EA and MS must have some form of proper exclusivity for EA to flat out ignore Sony.

I can see this game being cheap enough for MS to invest in. It’s not a huge franchise, but like many of you have said, one that would be frustrating to find on one system only.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Dark

btw there is a rumor about these games being Xbox One-exclusives as well

Dead Rising 3
    Hawken (plus PC)
    League of Legends (plus PC)
    Respawn’s new game
    Unannounced Insomniac game

so i won’t be surprise , if Mirrors Edge 2 end up being XboxOne exclusive.

#11 1 year ago
  12. RandomTiger

EA werent happy with Mirrors Edge sales, whatever Mirrors Edge 2 is it is very likely they will have made some changes to help it appeal to a wider audience.

#12 1 year ago
  13. KineticCalvaria

@14, guns and explosions? Lots of them. Oh dear.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dark

@14 Mirrors Edge 2: The kinect experience
    “only on xbox one”

#14 1 year ago
  15. Samoan Spider

@16 If I have to pretend to run in my front room whilst jumping into a forward roll, I shan’t be happy :)

#15 1 year ago
  16. viralshag

Potential Bayonetta 2 all over again…

#16 1 year ago
  17. WENDiGO

If this were an exclusive (unlikely), you wouldn’t want to buy an xbox because of that…you’d want to burn one instead and then beat the guy who made the deal to do something like that.

#17 1 year ago
  18. SplatteredHouse

@17: KEEP YOUR LEGS HIGHER WHILE IN MOTION, PLEASE. :p
    Also, DO A BARREL ROLL on the floor to clear the low obstacle lol

#18 1 year ago
  19. Samoan Spider

@19 But if come E3 they announce this and a dozen other exclusives, it would make a tempting proposition. After all plenty of people have been bitching about the lack of games. So if they offer plenty of games then I think it’ll separate the fanboy’s from the gamers. With the latter being quite happy to play games on the XB1 and the PS4 alike with the former carving SONY into their arms!

#19 1 year ago
  20. Clupula

Honestly, it doesn’t matter what they announce for it. I will not buy one as long as you have to pay to let a friend borrow a game and that I have to have an always on mic/camera in my home. Not to mention, I will never pay for online service ever.

So, it would be frustrating for certain titles to end up on the system, because as long as those things are in play, I will never purchase one.

And if Sony did those things too, I wouldn’t purchase a PS4 either.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Malmer

@22 Guess you won’t be buying a PS4 then.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Samoan Spider

@BDH Every time I see something written by you I think of this! Just let the hate go, it’s not worth it! :D

#22 1 year ago
  23. Clupula

@23 – Yes, because I base my purchases on rumors and speculation by people hoping Sony will do it too.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Phoenixblight

Hate MS but use their OS and products? Hypocrite, much?

#24 1 year ago
  25. Samoan Spider

@27 I found this just for you!

#25 1 year ago
  26. Phoenixblight

So because they provide what you need you only selectively hate them. Gotcha. Way to stand up to the man, BDH.

#26 1 year ago
  27. stretch215

“So if they offer plenty of games then I think it’ll separate the fanboy’s from the gamers. With the latter being quite happy to play games on the XB1 and the PS4 alike with the former carving SONY into their arms!” :D +1000000

#27 1 year ago
  28. Samoan Spider

@32 Fucking hell, you’re David Icke aren’t you?? I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but you’re a class A fucknut.

Edit: So what do I currently own and play on? What devices have I played games on in the last say 12 months?

#28 1 year ago
  29. stretch215

http://i1.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/internet-troll-20110516-102141.jpg?zoom=4&resize=632%2C698 erthazus, bdh, etc.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Samoan Spider

@35 Love it :)

#30 1 year ago
  31. stretch215

@37 “console gamers are NOT even real gamers!” Ok, I know you’re a bit “off”, but you can’t really believe that. I hope you’re not that far gone.

#31 1 year ago
  32. TheBlackHole

I think someone is about to snap.

It’s okay BDH… we’re here to help. Well, some of us.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Samoan Spider

@41 Beeeeellions of gamers is a bit extreme. Maybe a couple of hundred million but that’s it. The silly thing that people like you forget is that there are plenty of gamers that enjoy the ability to get cheaper gamers, high quality and easily moddable products on PC. But also like to flip over to playing on a console sometimes to enjoy the other side of gaming. You’re the one missing out, not me :)

#33 1 year ago
  34. Phoenixblight

“how many pc gamers play on wow and that is just one pc game!”

Wrong assumption there is a lot of overlap between that game and console players.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Ireland Michael

@43 “games devs will never go bankuprt on pc!”

You’re a funny man.

#35 1 year ago
  36. stretch215

This is pure gold. BDH, you need a youtube channel.

#36 1 year ago
  37. viralshag

And yet you’re often still neglected and get a port. Gutted.

#37 1 year ago
  38. stretch215

I mean it.

#38 1 year ago
  39. Samoan Spider

@BDH Can you link your Steam page? I wouldn’t mind see what games you actually own and play.

#39 1 year ago
  40. Samoan Spider

@53 So what is your ID, I’ll add you, then fair is fair, we’ll both know who we’re dealing with. I’m calling you out. I reckon you’re a pirate. That to me would be delicious irony given the shite you’re spouting about devs going bankrupt.

#40 1 year ago
  41. CaptPierce

Make this game open world, a longer and more detailed story, just great graphics, parkour/map editor, and let Faith carry a pistol with about 2 or so magazines and disregard all other guns, and we’ll be in business! And I doubt it’ll be for the Xbone only.

#41 1 year ago
  42. machy

they only good thing about PC is torrents .. and a best way to F@$# with EA .. yep i said it all ea games i get them for free plus DLCs of course

other then that consoles are way better then PC in many ways when it comes to gaming department

#42 1 year ago
  43. fearmonkey

“game devs publishers thrive on on the Pcs On the consoles they worry and go bankrupt!”

Cavedog, Looking Glass, Iron Lore, Relic, and many others say Hi.

I agree that PC’s are better than consoles in alot of things, but it’s much easier to take a console to a friend’s house for a gaming party than a PC. Even when you do manage to get the PC over there, everyone has to have the same patch, updates, etc. Consoles just make it much easier.

Consoles are easier to play for most people, well at least they used to be. With the next gen requiring mandatory installation to Disk, constant forced patches (which is good and bad..see above), required Kinect for Xbox One, the advtanges of consoles arent as many as they used to be.

I love the console experience, but prefer the higher res and power that a pc offers, Thanks to Steam and that most games use a controller these days, it’s really hard to beat PC gaming. PC’s have mods and all of that, and thats a great thing too. Who really cares though what system you play on though, if your happier with a blurry texture on a console over a crisper one on a PC with all its bulk and expense, nothing wrong with that.

#43 1 year ago
  44. ActionGameKing

I 100% expect this to be an xbox exclusive. Similarly to how Nintendo snagged the Bayonetta 2 exclusive by funding it’s development. It might not be a system seller but it will be a nice trump card for Microsoft’s empty deck.

#44 1 year ago
  45. Maabren

I really hope XO get this game. They need some exclusive games to gain goodwill at E3. But as it’s EA shagging hard for every dime it may only be an time-exclusive…

#45 1 year ago
  46. John117

@61 Empty deck? We know of 3 exclusives so far which will come out for the XO and apparently there will be 12 more during EA in which I’m guessing 2-4 will be kinect and probably another Halo/Gears. So far I dont even know which games are coming to PS4 which will be a system seller, Polyphony does not seem to have any trust regarding the sales which explains why they didnt bother making GT6 a next-gen game.

#46 1 year ago