The first sessions for GDC Europe 2013 have been confirmed, and talks from luminaries such as Epic Games’ James Brown, Dontnod’s Sebastien Lagarde, Double Fine’s Oliver Franzke, and more. A list of the first confirmed sessions and the subject to be discussed is below.
First confirmed GDC 2013 sessions include:
- The Art and Rendering of Remember Me – Sebastien Lagarde, Senior 3D/engine programmer, Dontnod entertainment
- C++ in the Browser: A Tale from the Trenches – Nico Bouguerra, Corporate Communications Manager, Bigpoint GmbH
- Broken Age’s Approach to Scalability – Oliver Franzke, Senior Programmer, Double Fine Productions
- Designing Assassins Creed 3 – Steven Masters, Lead Game Designer, Ubisoft Montreal
- The Making of Halo 4’s Episodic Co-op Adventure: Spartan Ops – Chris Haluke, Lead Designer, 343 Industries (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Once Upon a Time: Giving Players the Freedom to Create Their Own Story – James Brown, Lead Level Designer, Epic Games
- The Revolution will be Streamed: How Video is Transforming Video Games – Matthew DiPietro, VP Marketing, Twitch
- This Time It’s Different: Treasures and Traps in the Next Gen Transition – Don Daglow, President & Creative Director, Daglow Entertainment LLC
- Top Eleven: Achieving Global Success via Emerging Markets – Nikola Cavic, Head of Business Development, Nordeus
GDC Europe 2013 runs August 19-21 at the Cologne Congress-Centrum Ost in Cologne, Germany.