Tue, May 28, 2013 | 19:32 BST
GDC Europe 2013 – first sessions confirmed from 343, Dontnod, Double Fine, Epic, more
The first sessions for GDC Europe 2013 have been confirmed, and talks from luminaries such as Epic Games’ James Brown, Dontnod’s Sebastien Lagarde, Double Fine’s Oliver Franzke, and more. A list of the first confirmed sessions and the subject to be discussed is below.
First confirmed GDC 2013 sessions include:
- The Art and Rendering of Remember Me – Sebastien Lagarde, Senior 3D/engine programmer, Dontnod entertainment
- C++ in the Browser: A Tale from the Trenches – Nico Bouguerra, Corporate Communications Manager, Bigpoint GmbH
- Broken Age’s Approach to Scalability – Oliver Franzke, Senior Programmer, Double Fine Productions
- Designing Assassins Creed 3 – Steven Masters, Lead Game Designer, Ubisoft Montreal
- The Making of Halo 4′s Episodic Co-op Adventure: Spartan Ops – Chris Haluke, Lead Designer, 343 Industries (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Once Upon a Time: Giving Players the Freedom to Create Their Own Story – James Brown, Lead Level Designer, Epic Games
- The Revolution will be Streamed: How Video is Transforming Video Games – Matthew DiPietro, VP Marketing, Twitch
- This Time It’s Different: Treasures and Traps in the Next Gen Transition – Don Daglow, President & Creative Director, Daglow Entertainment LLC
- Top Eleven: Achieving Global Success via Emerging Markets – Nikola Cavic, Head of Business Development, Nordeus
GDC Europe 2013 runs August 19-21 at the Cologne Congress-Centrum Ost in Cologne, Germany.