E3-centric Nintendo Direct, Pokemon X & Y round table scheduled for June 11

Thursday, 23rd May 2013 16:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has announced its E3-centric Nintendo Direct presentation will air on June 11. It will air at 7am PDT/10am EDT and can be watched here. A Pokemon X & Y round table will also be held on the same day.

During the Nintendo Direct presentation, the firm will be discussing updates about future Wii U games such as the new Smash Bros., 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles, according to the last Nintendo Direct which aired on May 18.

The firm is holding a Nintendo Direct presentation in lieu of an E3 press event this year.

The Pokemon X & Y developer discussion will feature a Q&A with Tsunekazu Ishihara, as well as Game Freak director Junichi Masuda preceded by a presentation.

The event will take place on June 11 6:00 – 7:30pm PDT, so expect all sorts of Poke news to come out of it afterward.

1. OnionPowder

Sweet. Could definitely use some new games. Replaying Super Metroid rocks but a new Super Smash Bros would rock even harder.

EDIT:

Oh and let me sum up the comments incoming.

WII-UTANIC PS4 ROCKS SONY ROCKS NINTENDO IS DEAD EVERYONE WHO OWNS A WII U SUCKS THEY WILL BE THE NEW SEGA SONY I LOVE YOU FUCK THE WII U RUN ON SENTENCES.

2. monkeygourmet

lol

@Topic

Yes, I can’t wait for this, see what Nintendo come back with against the next gen media boxes!

I want to see the above mentioned games, mario, mario kart etc…

But, hope there’s ALOT more suprises. They really need to come out swinging. And I hope to see Metroid U and how it stacks up against Killzone PS4 graphically.

I also want Mario Paint U, that would be nice.

It could be downloadable, but with simple animation and chip tunes you could share on Miiverse! Any want some of that?! ;)

3. MidlifeAxe

inb4 ‘doomtendo’ or ‘wii-utanic’

4. Showmeyomoves!

Nintendo is going the way of Sega, guys, you heard it here first!

Well, maybe not first… More like, for the bazillionth time since the N64 days (before Sega even went the way of Sega).

But you still heard it here at some point!

5. Gekidami

Its the Nintendo Defence Force pre-emptive strike.

…Of course it doesnt change much to the fact that the Wii-U is a horrible flop.

6. Bomba Luigi

Oh, cmon, Nintendo has a hugh amount of Money. They are not going down for quite some Time. But it would be no Surprise if the WiiU isn’t there very long.

7. naffgeek

Come on Wii U I have a thing for supporting the underdogs…

Also I would like some games to play.

Here’s hoping it mirrors the 3DS, I can’t buy all the games coming out for that little beauty at the moment.

8. Lengendaryboss

Lets see how this goes, i’ll reserve judgement until then but knowing Nintendo they will deliver what fans expect. I wonder if even this comment will prevoke francis.
    If no great. If Yes well: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kaYJrqTjkRw/S1UsFGmPRXI/AAAAAAAABCk/nanNou0JGCE/s400/633646241078881883-insanity.jpg

9. Francis O

@Legendarybitch, why do you continue to click and comment on Nintendo articles if you don’t like Nintendo?

Because you’re a troll plain and simple. You’re not man enough to debate me face to face. You hide behind this pathetic VG247 community. What a joke.

10. OnionPowder

@9 Yes, Legendary should totally meet a random internet commenter in real life to DEBATE about the lifespan of the Wii U. I’m sure that’s all of our #1 priorities.

11. Moonwalker1982

Hold on….

discuss? Surely they mean SHOW those games, right? Otherwise this shit has failed before it even started. Zelda is not even mentioned? Well lets just wait and see. No way they can’t just only talk about it.

12. OnionPowder

@11 I’m hoping that they take more time to fully flesh out the Zelda title. I mean Skyward Sword came out in 2011, it’s not time for a sequel yet. They’re going to discuss the games yeah, but they’ve also talked about doing live demos at best buy so I don’t think we’ll have to worry about seeing these games.

Also just to add something, it is totally time for a new Star Fox.

13. Joe Musashi

@9 Stay classy Francis

JM

14. Lengendaryboss

@Francis If you can find where i said i don’t like Nintendo in that sentence or in general, please show me. All i said was Nintendo will deliver what fans want and i will reserve judgement until that day, where in gods name is there a shred of hatred in that sentence? I hide behind no-one in reality it is something about your comments that sparks a reaction from others.

Again your opinion of me means less to me than dog turd, you can’t offend me. I like Nintendo (you however are proving to be a pain in my backside), I own DS and maybe 3DS, I love Pokemon but that is not going to blind me (like it has already done to you) from saying my opinions its exactly the same with Sony And MS, I comment about Sony’s Poor Marketing and lack of games for PS Vita, does it get a reaction? yes but like yours? no. I comment on MS incessant focus on Multimedia entertainment especially with the XboxOne reveal, does it get a reaction? maybe but like yours? no.

I come to VG247 to voice my opinion, have debates and maybe fall in an argument although thats mainly with you unfortunately like @10 said sarcastically i have no motive to debate with a virtual stranger about Nintendo, this is a video game news site nothing wrong with debating here.

15. Francis O

@10 I’m not a random internet person, I’m actually somewhat well known.

Legendaryboss

You even said yourself Nintendo doesn’t make games you like. That’s why you troll every single Nintendo article.

Let’s debate over YouTube, you always talk about games sales, and Nintendo is a dying console, ect….. lets debate over YouTube and draw a larger crowd than the drones here that just blindly agree with you.

16. Joe Musashi

@10 “I’m not a random internet person, I’m actually somewhat well known.”

For what it’s worth, Francis, you’re somewhat well known around this corner of the internet too. Somewhat.

JM

17. Phoenixblight

Go circle jerk someone else. No one needs to go on Youtube to debate anything to show off to some internet folk on how “awesome” you are. Go stroke your ego somewhere else.

18. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Ok you seem to twist my words into something i never said. I have said two things: They don’t provide experiences that i like thus limiting their audience or they don’t have experiences like GTA And MGS by third party like Rockstar And Konami, I don’t troll Nintendo articles. If you are well known then: First i feel sorry for the people that know you virtual or otherwise :D and finally if i you really are well known on Youtube then wouldn’t me having a debate with lots of hardcore Nintendo fans not only prove pointless, not only outnumber me but you would end up winning in your glorious Nintendo Legion Of Fanboys :D if your really hardcore about Nintendo trademark Legions Of Fanboys before someone gets it :D

You know what instead of arguing with you, all i am going to do is have fun on your behalf as its pointless to keep this up.

19. monkeygourmet

@Francis

This is the first image tht comes up when you google, ‘Francis O’, is this you?

20. OnionPowder

I’m INTERNET FAMOUS

21. Lengendaryboss

@Monkey
    It would explain everything about Francis :D

22. monkeygourmet

;)

All in good jest though Francis! :)