Dying Light from Techland announced, features full day-night cycle

Thursday, 23rd May 2013 14:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dying Light has been announced by Warner Bros. and its first-person, action survival horror title from Techland.

It contains a day-night cycle set in a vast open world where players will scavenge for supplies in their once urban environment, while at night, such activities become even more dangerous.

Crafting weapons will be part of your ability to defend yourself against the growing infected population – where an outbreak has affected the living, but at night they become for aggressive.

Predators only appear after sundown, and players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning’s first light.

Dying Light will be available in 2014 for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Shots are below, and IGN has posted a video on its YouTube channel, which is embedded below.

1. KrazyKraut

“Good night, good luck” worst tagline ever….

Looks like the Add-on for the first Dead Island game.

#1 11 months ago
  2. The_Red

Wait, it’s just Dead Island with few new features. And to top it off, it’s also coming to PS3 and 360 which means the world size, physics and other dynamics can’t be any better or more advanced than those (DI) games because if they try to use 8Gb ram of PS4 and Xbone, those systems will have to be left behind.

#2 11 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

Sounds really cool. I’m dying for a great survival-horror game, with scavenging and protecting a safe-house elements. Let’s hope it will be a good one. For now I’ll stick with No More Room In Hell mod on Steam.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Max Payne

@2 Yea my thought also.I will be probably 2-3 years before we see actually games that are design in next gen engine for next gen.

#4 11 months ago
  5. The_Red

There was an Add-on for first DI game. It was called Dead Island Riptide and they sold it as a (almost) full priced game.

Hopefully by then, we can see the effects of new system on gameplay and not just on better textures or lighting modules.

#5 11 months ago
  6. KrazyKraut

haha^^ I meant the “Ryder White” DLC

#6 11 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

What I disliked most about Dead Island was the Island and its art-direction. This looks like a huge step up.

Has anyone played the new Call of Juarez yet?

#7 11 months ago
  8. OnionPowder

I have a ton of fun with Dead Island co-op so if this is co-op I will totally get a copy for me and my friend to blast through.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Edo

Moar zombies?Oh why the hell not…

#9 11 months ago