Metro: Last Light has entered the UK charts at first place, marking another recent success story for publishers Koch Media and Deep Silver.
The full chart follows below, but Metro: Last Light’s high entry follows a string of mixed, but largely positive reviews. You can get our full score round up here, and you can also check out my own appraisal of the shooter here.
Koch’s other release Dead Island Riptide has fallen to second place as a result, and MCV reports that although Metro: Last light has debuted at first, its first-week sales still pale in comparison to Metro 2033′s when it launched in 2010 – despite debuting at 5th at the time.
Here’s the latest chart in full:
1. Metro: Last Light (Koch Media)
2. Dead Island: Riptide (Koch Media)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Infinity (Nintendo)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
6. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
7. The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)
8. Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros)
9. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
10. BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
11. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
12. Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
13. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
14. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
15. God of War: Ascension (Sony)
16. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
17. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
18. Grand Theft Auto Episodes Liberty City (Rockstar)
19. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
20. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Capcom)