1. Pytox

holy cow

#1 1 year ago
  2. tezzer1985

Sony trying to get some media coverage before xbox reveal, I love a good old console war.

I will be getting both, so it’s a win win for us gamers

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

there can only be one, i smell playstations victory… ninty are a goner and mickey$oft will just have to accept second place.

#3 1 year ago
  4. salarta

This video is dumb and it should feel dumb.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Reddpayn

Hype begins. Altough i dont have an xbox and im not going to buy one im still very excited about the xbox reveal. Mainly because of the next gen games footage

#5 1 year ago
  6. SlayerGT

Me wants

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sam Clay

Nothing gives me the horn quite like a blurred out trailer.

#7 1 year ago
  8. MegaGeek1

Could our resident photoshop expert please get to piecing these puzzle pieces together.

Muchos Gracias

#8 1 year ago
  9. Jet Black

Safe to say it’s going to be another black console :-)

#9 1 year ago
  10. MidlifeAxe

@9 No, the white bit is the console. The black bit is just a button ;)

#10 1 year ago
  11. Erthazus

A PC Case with PS4 name on it. Woooooooow… Amazing!11111

#11 1 year ago
  12. NickedAlOverU

i couldn’t be more excited for the PS4! its gonna be hard to sleep at night till E3 with this video playing in my head over and over again. i never log in to make comments but i had to on this! PS4! i will buy….

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lloytron

Yay its a plastic box with some buttons and ports!

THat’ll show MS tomorrow!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Mus42

Just missing the voice over saying ” You know you want it, you dirty bitch!” :P

#14 1 year ago
  15. TheBlackHole

Looks a lot like a PC rig…

#15 1 year ago
  16. DarkElfa

This won’t be as much wallet rape so will most likely end up being my option.

#16 1 year ago
  17. redwood

awesome!!!!! i don’t know why am saying that i didn’t really see anything.. and that triangle light/button looked very bad.. but still awesome!!!!

#17 1 year ago
  18. Lahanas

Even pointless stuff like this have a certain magic and you know what I am talking about. God damn I love console gaming and the hype/madness that comes with it and I wouldnt trade it for anything else.

#18 1 year ago
  19. viralshag

Oh joy, another big blocky black console! I have no doubt in a year you’ll get a slim version with an EVEN BIGGER HARD DRIVE!

I hope this (and the new Xbox) are around the sizes of the current consoles. I wouldn’t buy anything bigger.

#19 1 year ago
  20. DrDamn

Some extracted stills posted to GAF

#20 1 year ago
  21. mistermogul

I wonder if George Foreman is going to be in charge of design again?!

#21 1 year ago
  22. MegaGeek1

@ DRDAMN – thanks!

#22 1 year ago
  23. undermyrules

I like this console generation most because will have pc arhitecture and PC games will be easy to port and we can have maybe some of the console exlusive franchises on PC :)

#23 1 year ago
  24. Mjorh

@23 Nah man , Exclusives are exclusives !

#24 1 year ago
  25. SlayerGT

The pulsing blue line at the end must be an LED on the machine you think? Maybe like the blue strip in IRobot? Can’t wait!

Also love how the PS pops up like normal, but instead of a cut-a-way to said game commercial, the camera starts zooming in. Makes the ad feel instantly familiar while feeling more important than usual. I haven’t been more excited for something I cant see since the ole scrambled skinimax channels :P

#25 1 year ago
  26. undermyrules

@24 well i said some like halo maybe cuz halo 1 and 2 were on pc not all of them it just makes sense…

#26 1 year ago
  27. CyberMarco

I can’t understand why SONY ditched the CELL. I know, it’s a b*tch to program, but I would assume that now devs would be more comfortable using it after so many years…

#27 1 year ago
  28. mistermogul

Sony could be wise to show the console off fully tomorrow, say around 6pm UK time…

#28 1 year ago
  29. fearmonkey

It reminds me of some type of Alienware looking mini PC, which isn’t a bad thing.

I hope MS decided to make the next xbox cool looking rather than generic, which I have a feeling they are doing. They want a set top box kind of thing the rumors and the leaked document says. I hope they are wrong.

I love competition, I am actually excited for Sony right now, I hope MS and Sony really have a drag out fight. MS has had it too easy in the US for a long time now, and they act like it.

#29 1 year ago
  30. SplatteredHouse

I think this is pretty funny. The timing of this thing, obviously, but also because Sony are responding directly to give something extra to everybody, and actually not give away much of anything, just completely out of nowhere, 24 hours prior to Microsoft’s presentation! :D Bravo, Sony’s marketing team
    “well, you said you wanted to see the box” LMAO.

Everybody had the question at the back of their minds after PlayStation Meeting, some even voiced it – Sony heard, and it this point responded. That’s great!
    It’s reminiscent of this French happening: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/22/xbox-360-loves-france-and-spoils-ps3-launch/

#30 1 year ago
  31. Fin

Heh, this is good marketing.

Game on!

This seems really strange to me

#31 1 year ago
  32. The_Red

Sony does what SEGA does…
    Yes, it doesn’t have the same effect but this is a really, really awesome “console wars” tactic.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Moonwalker1982

Pathetic, i’m sorry…but this is it? This is their way to steal some hype from MS? Wow….ok.

#33 1 year ago
  34. Belmont

It was very interesting.I know that these are incredibly close and almost macro shots of the console,impossible to put together as a whole, but still why is it showing so many vents ? The round one looks a bit strange too.
    Yet in the end I’m all in for a geeky and sci-fi design !

#34 1 year ago
  35. Gekidami

Its the pad.

#35 1 year ago
  36. deathm00n

@33 Yeah, extremely pathetic right? People aren’t even commenting to it right? 32k views in the topic of the reveal on neogaf in the last 2 hours, pathetic.

#36 1 year ago
  37. Gheritt White

@27: I can’t understand why people write “Sony” and “Cell” in all capital letters when they’re not acronyms.

I’ve never, ever seen anyone write MICROSOFT or NINTENDO, and there’s a legit reason people *sometimes* write SEGA (short for SErvice GAmes).

Baffling… truly baffling.

#37 1 year ago
  38. Djoenz

Good God you are such a nerd teeheee!

#38 1 year ago
  39. Ireland Michael

I couldn’t honestly care less what it looks like. Give me good, original games and its a purchase. It could be shaped like a pig for all I care.

#39 1 year ago
  40. Lengendaryboss

Stealing thunder before the big day, Very wise Sony @37 Happy? @38 Insert your USB port in the pig’s nose, insert discs via the mouth and anything else up the backside :D Gaming that way would be weird or tasty to somepeople :D

#40 1 year ago
  41. xino

the blue light at the end of the video…why do I have a feeling it’s the LED light for the ps4?

#41 1 year ago
  42. RocknRolla

Sony is taking this one home.. Remember my words ;)

#42 1 year ago
  43. Stardog

I’m guessing only a few are from the console itself. Some of those are the controller, and I’m guessing some a from the Kinect alternative they have.

#43 1 year ago
  44. Beta

Though I’ve already decided I’m buying it (I generally buy every console except for the Wii U), I hope it’s a bit sleeker than the George Foreman esque launch model PS3 ;P

#44 1 year ago
  45. TD_Monstrous69

Wow, it’s the least most-shocking, hey no-shit-Sherlock story of the century. Sony would be daft not to show it off @ E3. Though I have a feeling that I think their E3 press conference will be great, I got a feeling their GamesCom press event will be their strongest showing, seeing as how Europe’s their strongest territory. Though am I the only one thinking it looks strikingly similar to the PS3 slim, only with a darker shade of grey?
    Also, sorry Dave if I’ve offended you with my opening lines, not trying to be a dick. To me, this story just comes off as something that was an obvious given.
    And finally, midnight release, I’m buying it.

#45 1 year ago
  46. monkeygourmet

LED’s make everything better… The only thing that would send it over the edge is some bacon strapped to the side!

#46 1 year ago
  47. DrDamn

If they could get it to emit bacon smells that would be awesome.

Did you know you can trade in games for bacon at Asda? FACT! :)

#47 1 year ago
  48. monkeygourmet

And Wii U games for value ‘billy bear ham’?! ;)

Is that actually true btw?!

#48 1 year ago
  49. Beta

I rather like billy bear ham.. ;)

#49 1 year ago
  50. monkeygourmet

http://www.shitefood.co.uk/2011/08/billy-bear-slicing-sausage-review/ :D

#50 1 year ago
  51. Beta

I didn’t say I was proud of liking it. :’(

I haven’t had any in a long time so a bit of rose tinting may be going on. XD

#51 1 year ago
  52. monkeygourmet

:) you should get some tomorrow to eat at the reveal!

#52 1 year ago
  53. Beta

I could indeed haha.

Though I must admit I’ve moved on from formed “ham” since my finances improved.. ;)

Edit* Formed “meat” rather :P

#53 1 year ago
  54. DrDamn

Yeah Asda just gives you the trade in value as store credit so you can spend it on what you fancy. :)

#54 1 year ago
  55. sg1974

Just give us a simple black fucking box Sony. When has a console ever looked good? They’ve all looked crap under my TV.

#55 1 year ago