Diablo 3 video diary takes a look at developing the controls for PS3 and PS4

Thursday, 16th May 2013 17:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard has a released at look into the development of Diablo 3 for PS3 and PS4, via new video diary on the PS Blog.

The video is part of the Conversations With Creators series from Sony, in which production director John Hight, lead designer Joshua Mosqueira, and senior designer Jason Bender explain how bringing the game to PS3 and PS4 has “empowered them to viscerally transport players into the foreboding, demon-besieged world of Sanctuary.”

According to the video, the most important part of development was creating controls which would work well for the game using DualShock, something the team has discussed prior to the video’s release.

Diablo 3 is currently without a release date for PS3 and PS4.

1. BlockheadBrown

After this, it’d be nice if they allow PC users to have gamepad support as an option.

#1 11 months ago
  2. tezzer1985

I’m such a console head, never gamed on a PC, so I’m not familiar with Diablo. Everybody says good things about it, so I’ll keep my eye on this, and might pick it up

#2 11 months ago
  3. Erthazus

dodge mechanic? LOOOL. That’s how they are going to balance stuff on PS3 and PS4 for higher difficulties.

Consolized POS.

@1, Games are different. PC version won’t work with gamepad while D3 consolized version is more of an action game with more or less third person view. You can’t aim, you just control your character.

On the PC you control your character with a mouse using poin&click

#3 11 months ago
  4. OlderGamer

I spent a large amount of time on the PC Diablo III. I enjoyed Diablo II and Torchlight II alot more. But I will be buying Diablo III on either(maybe both) PS3 or PS4. Solid game.

watching the console version being played I am reminded of how much Diablo III reminded me of playing an fully evolved version of Gauntlet. That is what it reminds of. It is what a Gauntlet game should be. Lots of skills to pick from. Fast action. Lots of flash. Nice.

To be fair, I wouldn’t call the PC version very balanced either erth, esp on higher modes of difficulty. Infact the steep challange was why I stoped playing. I couldn’t even finish the second teir of diff on the second playthrough. Was just too hard for me.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Ireland Michael

Buy Torchlight 2 and help promote games actually worth playing.

Buying games like Diablo 3 only helps to promote bad business practises. It tells the publishers and developers that you are willing to support their products even when they design their games in a way that is detrimental or unfair to the consumer.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Talkar

I found Torchlight 2 extremely dull…

#6 11 months ago
  7. Samoan Spider

I found Torchlight 2 to be exceptional fun and SynergyMod topped it right off. Sooooo much content and whilst I like the sentiment of #5 I think ActiBlizz sold too many copies of Diablo 3 to even consider changing how they operate in the future.

#7 11 months ago
  8. _LarZen_

Been to hell and back many times on the PC version, but got tired of the auction house and hanging over a keyboard and mouse.

So for me this is just looking better and better, without the AH and with more fun gameplay mechanics it is starting to look like the definitive version to get.

#8 11 months ago
  9. polygem

it looks great and i think it will play great too with a controller. you´ll get a lot for your hard earned money from a game like this and i will definitely get this for ps3 or ps4. cannot wait for the multiplayer.

#9 11 months ago
  10. jmg24bad

I like this version. Being able to get major loot while sitting on the couch will feel good.

#10 11 months ago
  11. taylorlauder

I expect more than a million sold for the holidays.

#11 11 months ago