Time and Eternity second English trailer released

Wednesday, 15th May 2013 13:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A second English trailer for Time and Eternity has been released by NIS America. The Imageepoch-developed RPG is expected on PS3 sometime this summer. Amazon lists it for a European release on June 28, and in North America on July 16. Head below the break and have a watch.

1. Shinji10TH

What the hell is wrong with theses publishers, no one ask them to dub any JRPG, but they never listen, and they keep ruining games with those shitty english voices from some dubbers that don’t give a damn.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Clupula

@1 – Speak for yourself. I’m going to day one this. If it had been in Japanese, I wouldn’t have. Those are European looking characters. Look at their features. Look at their hair colors. It would be weird for me to hear them speak in Japanese.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Shinji10TH

Very European indeed, pink hair is so common in Europe, sorry, but i’m blind.
    And if you find that thoses voices are better than the Japanese ones, sorry, but i’m deaf.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

@3 – There is no such thing as “better” unless it’s two versions of the same language. There is what is more fitting and what isn’t. Do the characters look Asian? No. Does the game take place in Japan? No. So, why would they be speaking an Asian language? It makes no sense.

Just as I do not want to play a Yakuza game in English. I do not want to play a game with characters who have European features speaking Japanese. Completely took me right out of Agarest.

Also, it’s a NISA game, so it’ll have dual-audio. There’s no reason for you to get your panties in a twist when you’ll be able to hear your precious original voices all you want and I’ll be able to hear it in a language that fits the characters.

And also, yeah, I actually happen to know a few American girls and European girls who dye their hair pink.

#4 1 year ago
  5. dizzygear

Damn that looks awful.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Shinji10TH

@4 Good for you mister, enjoy this game with whatever language you want, just stop trying to give some logical arguing when there clearly isn’t.

And just so that you know, NIS is a publisher not a developer, and since the game is from Imageepoch (a Japanese dev), it’s normal to have Japanese voices whatever the setting is, or else, why would MGS and other Japanese franchise have always Japanese dubs, when it’s clearly unfitting from your pov.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Metroid455

@6 yeah don’t worry buddy, It’s something English dub lovers will never understand, let them enjoy their inferior dubbing. a high profile seiyuu like Kana Hanazawa vs some crappy, low budget, no-name English dub actress and yet they’d choose the inferior one?. just feel sorry for them!!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

@6 – Yeah, moron, they’re the publisher WHO ALWAYS PUT DUAL AUDIO INTO THEIR GAMES WHILE THE DEVELOPER DOESN’T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LOCALIZATION!

Jesus, you frigging weeaboos are ridiculous. You’d think we’d all just be happy that Japanese games are still getting released in the West, but you’re all, “Oh no, my precious seiyuu isn’t the only option!”

As for Metal Gear getting a Japanese dub, whatever. I couldn’t play them if they weren’t in English. The game demands English dialogue. Just as I couldn’t play Yakuza if everybody in the game was dubbed to sound Welsh. Just as when I play Street Fighter IV, I set Ryu, Sakura, Akuma, and any other Japanese characters to speak Japanese but set Ken, Cammy, and any European/American characters to English. The only two Asians I set to English are Dan, because he sounds like an even bigger conman in English, and Juri, because her English voice PERFECTLY fits the character. Her Japanese voice just sounds like some random Japanese generic villianess.

I don’t give a flying fuck what country developed a game. If the characters should be speaking English, I want them speaking English. If the characters should be speaking Japanese, I want them speaking Japanese. I’m sure you didn’t see it, but in another thread I was asking if I can play Metro: Last Light in Russian, because that’s the language the characters would be speaking in Russia.

You two wanna pee your panties over the fact that people are being given the option to play a game in a way that you wouldn’t, then fine, go ahead. If you love the Japanese language so much, maybe you start exclusively importing and letting people like me enjoy the localized versions.

#8 1 year ago