PS4 watch: Sony trademarks ‘Greatness Awaits’ slogan

Wednesday, 15th May 2013 12:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony Computer Entertainment America has trademarked ‘Greatness Awaits’, the leaked slogan that surfaced on some alleged PS4 marketing material last week.

The slogan first surfaced last week in the script of a supposed PS4 commercial. If the script is accurate, then the advert will showcase games like Destiny and Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Thanks Siliconera and CVG.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Cheese.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hvitdverg

I am ready to hype the Greatness! BRING IT

#2 1 year ago
  3. Rockin a Jack D

Greatness Awaits

No, it doesn’t. You’re still gaming at 30fps…

#3 1 year ago
  4. DrDamn

#4 1 year ago
  5. Joe Musashi

Didn’t realise greatness only kicked in at a particular frame rate.

I lol’d

JM

#5 1 year ago
  6. KAP

“Didn’t realise greatness only kicked in at a particular frame rate. Can you also let us know the resolution and type of AA required for greatness? Similarly when does fun kick in? Or is that all a bit irrelevant?”

^
    This.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Rockin a Jack D

The PS4 is completely underwhelming. NextBox won’t be any different.

#7 1 year ago
  8. deathm00n

If I watch a shit movie in a SD TV or in a LED TV the movie will not be any better just because it’s in 1080p.

By the way, I have a PS3 and a high-end PC. I still prefer the PS3.

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheBlackHole

“Didn’t realise greatness only kicked in at a particular frame rate”

Your comment should have ended there. That’s your point nailed in one killer line :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheBlackHole

“Consoles only offer a baseline experience, on the PC the games are the best they can be.”

The power of PCs are great, but they are expensive and I find the mouse and keyboard combo very detached and intangible. I prefer to use my 360 controller where possible.

To be honest, it’s all about gaming on my couch. Consoles give me solid experiences with little hassle. You can take your frame rate if it means I can just turn it on and go.

#10 1 year ago
  11. redwood

@7 maybe we should have this really large banner on vg 247 which says “gfx don’t make a game great!!!” … cause am really tired of this “next gen consoles are outdated” comment

#11 1 year ago
  12. deathm00n

@11 Or they should add a question when you register in the site: “Does graphics make a game great?” if you choose yes then your ip is banned and you can’t register… I’m going to suggest this feature to the new website.

#12 1 year ago
  13. MidlifeAxe

We have another Erth in the house.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Deacon

Oh geez….. :(

#14 1 year ago
  15. Beta

And the pc master race expands.

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkeygourmet

The 12 year old in me loves this tagline!

In before peado! ;)

#16 1 year ago
  17. TF_PtMaster

what’s the point off always bitching around about consoles and PC. Makes no sense at all: Both offers ups and downs, it’s up to consumers to choose.

It’s completely stupid behave like “i’m the men, i’m the master race, i play on PC/Consoles” Go play and stop being total bitches.

“only 30 fps” is such a lame comment. I always played a game because of is overall not for the frames. And i will still play the games for all it is and not for fps.

Sure PCs delivers more power, but i will not change the comfort i get in my living room for the power. As i will not change the way i play Battlefield 3 in a PC because is the platform i get more in that game.

I understand some of you need attention, and the only way is writing bullshit, so do the world a favor, go outside and catch some sun, or rain, or snow.

#17 1 year ago
  18. ps3fanboy

BRING ON THE GREATNESS!!!1

PEECEE SUX AND ARE FOR NERDS WITHOUT A GF!!

#18 1 year ago
  19. monkeygourmet

I think, for some people PC gaming (Steam etc…), has become more of a lure this gen.

PC’s are seeing more console releases; Tomb Raider, Bioshock, DMC etc…

People are just weighing up what dropping maybe £399 – £499 on a new console may entail and what benefits they will see compared to other products on the market.

If people don’t deem the jump in graphics / gameplay enough, they may look elsewhere.

If a similar specced PC can play games at a higher quality for a little more price and people can still play things like Last of Us, COD, FIFA & GTA 5 on their old machines… Well, maybe there is a bit of a platform shift.

Steam sales are gettin more and more publicity and the Steam box maybe just round the corner. I think last gen MS & Sony had the benefit of people thinking that PC gaming was a pain in the arse.

With Eurogamer & Digital Foundary showing people whats possible on modest hardware and activily reviewing new GPU’s etc… PC gaming is becoming much more mainstream. So much so, that the PS4 & 720 are basically PC’s in a small box.

#19 1 year ago
  20. MidlifeAxe

@18 But I’m a PC gamer and have a girlfriend? :(

#20 1 year ago
  21. G1GAHURTZ

^ I like the way you didn’t deny being a nerd…

#21 1 year ago
  22. deathm00n

^ LOL :D

#22 1 year ago
  23. TF_PtMaster

@19 I agree, but the way some of the people talk is so wrong. There is no need this kind of fanboys.

I mean i miss the time when people discussed PS3 vs Xbox 360, of course i did not liked everything, but still they use to make some kind of sense.

Today we read all day the same bullshit, “PC own consoles, PC do that, PC the Master Race”, c’mon, really?! I want to play games.

#23 1 year ago
  24. NocturnalB

Well that dude successfully stirred the pot lol. I love high end gaming PC’s, heck i spent years building them. But i agree with a couple folks here, anymore consoles are great enough for me. I just wanna plop down on the couch, turn it on and go these days. I’m well aware their hardware will already be dated but i have faith the dev’s will optimize to my liking, most importantly and hopefully the games are fun and entertaining.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Erthazus

“I just wanna plop down on the couch, turn it on and go these days.”

Me too. the only problem is that to play game on the PS3 you need: download firmware update – install the game – long loading times.

#25 1 year ago
  26. NocturnalB

#25 I never bought PS3 this gen, although I’ve borrowed one from my brother multiple times, i let him deal with the rest lol.

#26 1 year ago
  27. ps3fanboy

@25 …and of course you must download patches, install games etc etc all they long and it will takes months before you can play anything, idiot!.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Da Man

Never thought all you have to implement to qualify for being great was inferior framerate and a tacky artstyle.

#28 1 year ago