PS Plus EU: June update adds free Demon’s Souls, ICO & Shadow HD collection

Wednesday, 15th May 2013 12:00 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation Plus members have a lot of free games to look forward to in June, starting with Demon’s Souls, ICO & Shadow of the Colossu HD Collection and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Although Sony labelled this as a June PS Plus update, all three of the above games will hit your PS3 library on May 29.

Play Demon’s Souls, seriously.

Meanwhile, PS Vita owners will also get free copies of Rayman Origins and Coconut Dodge HD added to their library free of charge.

Do you like any of the games listed above? What titles will you be giving your attention once they drop? Let us know below.

1. actuallyisnotafox

been looking to play demon’s souls for awhile and ive never played ICO or Shadow of the Colossus so it looks like im getting PS Plus again ;)

2. DrDamn

ICO/SotC HD + DS would have been enough, adding in KoA and Rayman on Vita. Possibly the best month yet – despite the age of most of the games.

3. KAP

I’ve been gaming for 20+ hrs and have never played something so awe-inspiring and epic as Shadow of the colossus dude. Play that as soon as it becomes available on Plus.
    It’s an experience you won’t forget buddy.

To this day SOTC is probably the best game I’ve ever played.

4. Goffee

Still haven’t started Catherine and Hitman from this month’s yet! Eeeek

5. Fin

Rayman on Vita?

Oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeet

6. DrDamn

Oh and added bonus for PS3+Vita owners, ICO & Shadow of the Colossu HD Collection are remote play compatible.

7. Ireland Michael

“To this day SOTC is probably the best game I’ve ever played.”

^ This.

The only game ever made that tops Shadow of the Colossus for me personally is Ico itself. All of those games are brilliant, age or not.

8. Deacon

So many great games recently… and now THIS.

Even when you own them already you’re glad that others are going to get to try games like DS, SoTC & ICO, & Rayman.

Yes DrDamn – I do believe this IS the best month yet! :)

9. Joe Musashi

Two Team Ico games getting their profile raised in the same month as E3…

…!

JM

10. DrDamn

I’m wondering about the renewal of the standard sticks around for the year type games too. GT announcement incoming, GT5 to be added to the IGC for the year?

11. NeoSquall

Any word yet about the next annual games, Dave?

12. Beta

And I just bought Demon’s Souls last week.

In any case, Rayman Vita and KOA are 2 things I don’t own :)

13. RandomTiger

Damn, I already own ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, should I take the lesson to be ‘dont buy Sony games’? On the up side for Sony I’ve barely turned on my 360 since I got PS+ which is a major turn around for someone who generally sees 360 as my primary gaming platform. If PS+ rolls out on PS4 they might totally lock me in to Sony, though I would probably spend less money on games….

14. monkeygourmet

Can’t get over the ‘janky’ controls on SOTC, although I did enjoy playing it abit in 3D.

Will try ICO this time though, is that 3D too?

Thats why Im put off buying Sony games. Just wait till they are free! :)

15. Deacon

hold up.. wha?? ICO and SoTC are in 3D???

16. monkeygourmet

Hell yeah! :)

And, they are some of the best examples on PS3 (well SOTC anyway).

Mainly because, the already run smoothly as they are HD remasters so don’t take a huge performance cut!

Also, GOW PSP games on PS3 look great in 3D!

17. Deacon

Oh fuck yes. I guess until you’ve got a 3D set you don’t really care what games are in 3D or not…

This is fantastic news. 3D has given me the push I needed to actually play UC3, but I’d rather be playing these.

Nice inadvertent tip-off Monkeyballs :D