Gran Turismo 6 – watch full presentation from Silverstone

Wednesday, 15th May 2013 18:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gran Turismo 6 was announced during an event at the Silverstone Circuit by Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi. VG247′s Sam Clay filmed the entire presentation for you. Watch the next iteration in racing simulation’s reveal below.

Announced during the Gran Turismo series’ 15th anniversary event, GT6 will release with a revamped engine, a new suspension system, reworked tire and aerodynamics modelling, a vriety of “Edge Effects”, and more.

The game will boast 33 circuits with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available monthly through DLC, and contains 200 more cars than GT5, with 1200 available at release and more available after launch.

Players will be able to create their own racing series and championships to compete online and they will have more control over online events. This will all be accomplished using new course maker features, and scenery can be expanded several tens of square miles.

A new user interface, will allow players to focus on quick responses and short load times, and balances directional key operation and touch operation. This is due to an app connecting the experience between users PlayStation, phone, tablet and PC.

Gran Turismo 6 is out this holiday season on PS3 and more announcements are planned for E3 in June and gamescom in August. A demo is slated for July.

Find out more through our announcement post on the matter and have a look a the trailer while you are at it.

1. Gekidami

Translator-San. Seems him and Yamauchi always go hand-in-hand.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Timurse

Please tell Mr. Clay to rise the shutter parameter while filming it will then remove the flickering on the screens.
    Sam is so disappointing in so many ways :(

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

I’m impressed.

Adaptive tesselation on the PS3 is something. Well yeah, PS3 hardware wise is a piece of shit so Polyphony made their own solution to jaggies issue.

buying this day one. But man… No PS4. I don’t want to have two machines under my TV.

I have PC, handhelds and PS3…

Also props that you can use PC for compatibility mode. But it would be nice if the game actually sold on Steam… You know… Direct X11, mods, customization.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Sam Clay

@2 I am the most disappointing thing. Sadly wasn’t an ideal angle either.

I’m pretty sure the powerpoint presentation is bearable to watch tho ;)

#4 1 year ago
  5. ps3fanboy

@3 go pc and shatup then… you have already one foot in that camp.

#5 1 year ago
  6. pandulce1

@5 Well said.

#6 1 year ago
  7. G1GAHURTZ

Pffft.

I wanted to see some PS4 racing.

#7 1 year ago
  8. mkotechno

Meh, I think most of people are waiting info about car listing, if there is still 80% non-premium ps2 cars, and the same japanese variations again and again, and if they plan to include all models of european brands and even more brands…

Instead they talk about integration with stupid touch interfaces… thanks Nintendo.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Zohar

Cautiously optimistic about this. I was really let down by GT5, so GT6 needs to make up for a lot in my eyes. If the vast majority of these 1200 cars are all up-ressed PS2 models, then I’m instantly not buying. I know they claim better load times and a revamped UI, and that’s great, because that was a huge reason why I put down GT5.

I also want to see a greater variety of American cars and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I DON’T NEED 350 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE NISSAN FUCKING SKYLINE!!!!

#9 1 year ago
  10. silverstorm

@9 100+. That’s the reason i boarded the forza train.

#10 1 year ago
  11. RocknRolla

The easiest car to make textures for just must be the L Aventador! the damn Bull does not have any round edges! ffs :D
    I <3 Lamborghini! And Aventador is like Alien, Genius Engineering!
    One question though? When the F is round going to be round in games? because if you look at the headlights on the cars they are never really round if look closely! this bothers me a lot :D maybe next gen console can handle real round? I hope so!

#11 1 year ago